EOTech - Page 3
Like Tree317Likes
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EOTech

I agree, I like the look of the slots better than the keyhole. Easier to machine by hand as well, though CNC won't care.

HA! At the time of the pdf publication ITAR was reviewing the T-Nuts???? I have to say it...what a bunch of tards! Apparently one needs to sign a free license agreement and be vetted as a U.S. Citizen to get the specs for the T-Nuts; WTF???

The M-Lok looks simple enough. I fear that the T-Nuts encroaching into the XCR's forward upper space will interfere with the barrel/extension. I'll see if I can purchase a rail section and throw the calipers on it. If it looks promising, I'll look into their agreement, which sounds like BS to me.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    The FAQ provides length and height of the slot but does not provide specifics for the radius of the corners... or if the cuts need to be beveled. I'd rather have all specifics than the guess what isn't shown in the FAQ only to find out what I've extrapolated from the images in the FAQ is wrong. 1 trip to the machine shop is cheaper than multiple trips.

No, I hear ya...I hadn't thought about the radius b/c I figured if you got the M-Lok parts you could figure it from that. Sorry....trying to be helpful.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    No, I hear ya...I hadn't thought about the radius b/c I figured if you got the M-Lok parts you could figure it from that. Sorry....trying to be helpful.
    No sweat. Did not take offense. I thought of extrapolating the missing info from the FAQ also, but with limited funds... I'd rather not guess.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    No sweat. Did not take offense. I thought of extrapolating the missing info from the FAQ also, but with limited funds... I'd rather not guess.
    I hear ya there. I'm restrained on income right now too.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Post #2 updated --- possible storefront! Looks like I'm moving to the air and water diet!
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Post #2 updated --- Eberhard Ballisitics goes retail... Closing on the building set for the 26th. Upside: Distributors/Manufacturers often require a storefront to be a dealer. Now that I have one, new relationships can be formed. In the works: Cerekote certified applicator, Nightforce dealer, Vortex dealer.

I wish I had the time and money to sit on my ass on the back porch and enjoy some Don Julio 1942 and a Cohiba! Maybe once I get rolling I'll take a dozen hotties to the Dominican Republic and shoot a EB chicks with guns calendar! I can dream, can't I?
    mjorin likes this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Post #2 Updated --- Class 2 SOT just came in. EB is now NFA manufacture/sales authorized...well, July 1st.
    Bravo, mjorin, SS.Pic and 1 others like this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Post #2 updated --- wiring the money for EB's new home this afternoon. Go to street view to see what I've gotten myself into.

I intend to start the repairs and remodel this weekend. I had intended to visit my pops out in Tucson a couple of weeks ago. The dynamics of getting EB up and running and my real job have trashed that plan. Speaking with my dad the other day I learned that my brother and his wife are expecting around the 8th of July. He's a former Army Dust-off (medevac) pilot turned corporate jet jockey. She's an MD. They're living in Denver these days.

So the new plan... Get the structural issues repaired on the building and then head to Denver (pops will be there too). From there, I think I'll head out to SLC and visit RA, then meet pops back in Tucson just in time for monsoon season.

I keep asking the big man for 30 hours days, but he just doesn't seem interested in the idea.
    Bravo, TexasChris and mjorin like this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Well, day one was long, dirty, and nasty. We took off a 10'x20' section of the ceiling to expose the roof joists, ceiling joists, and their termination in the crumbling supporting brick. She fought back, loosing a chunk of inch thick plaster striking me on the bridge of my nose, resulting in a three quarter inch vertical gash. It could use a few stitches, but no one had a needle and thread handy and there's no time to go whining to the emergency room. Oh well, they tell me chicks dig scars and this is just one more to add to the collection.

We must of changed the definition of plaster since then, as this stuff is basically just mortar. I'm guessing we took down close to 2000 pounds worth of material.
    The plan for today is to get some supports in to carry the load, then start removing brick.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Well, day one was long, dirty, and nasty. We took off a 10'x20' section of the ceiling to expose the roof joists, ceiling joists, and their termination in the crumbling supporting brick. She fought back, loosing a chunk of inch thick plaster striking me on the bridge of my nose, resulting in a three quarter inch vertical gash. It could use a few stitches, but no one had a needle and thread handy and there's no time to go whining to the emergency room. Oh well, they tell me chicks dig scars and this is just one more to add to the collection.

We must of changed the definition of plaster since then, as this stuff is basically just mortar. I'm guessing we took down close to 2000 pounds worth of material.
    The plan for today is to get some supports in to carry the load, then start removing brick.
    I believe that qualifies as a firearms related injury. Technically, you were involved with firearms (storefront) at the time and might qualify as a firefight. At least when talking to chicks over a few drinks! Or you could say you were hit with a "mortar"!
    Last edited by mjorin; 06-29-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    TexasChris likes this.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsors