EOTech
Like Tree317Likes
Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: EOTech

EOTech

I can now get some EOTech sights. I can at least match the street prices I've seen. I can get some other optics as well. I'm not stocking at this point, so if you want something, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I can't do firearms yet, but will once the ATF gets off their collective rear ends. I will continue to establish relationships and expand my capability. Forum members will get the best pricing I can manage.
    Last edited by Mechanic; 04-20-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    Bravo, Merlin, mjorin and 5 others like this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"
    -- (reiterated without permission) Rich Hornay

Hot damn! I got a call from the ATF...finally. Interview for the FFL is a week from tomorrow! I should have the type 7 mid June. I'll send in the class 2 SOT once I have the FFL hand. This has been the longest five months ever.

Edit: Tues, May 13th 2014 ---- Met with my ATF guy today. The interview went well. He said I should have the license June 15th. It was a 4 hour meeting covering the rules, regulations, and forms. We also covered the class 2 SOT; he didn't bring the forms, but will be sending them out. Looks like I'm on track for early to mid July. The type 7/class 2 incurs more fees and regs., but allows me to do everything except import/export and destructive devices.

Edit: Mon, June 2nd 2014 ---- Just got my FFL! I have a bit of a snag in my zoning that restricts foot traffic. I'm looking into a temporary variance or possibly sharing some retail space. I can't do transfers out of my home currently, but all else is good. Now to file the class 2 SOT. Cans and SBRs are on the horizon . The next couple of years should be just busy as hell as I ramp this thing up.

Edit: Thurs., June 5th 2014 --- Filed SOT paperwork. Established dealer agreement with RA. Still working on variance or retail space. Working on Cerekote certified applicator. Still lots of stuff to do.

Edit: Sunday, June 8th 2014 --- I may have found an affordable storefront to solve my zoning woes. If the purchase works out, my home will become "offsite storage", allowing me to do work here. The store front becomes the actual location and that is where I would do FTF transfers to non-licensees. It also works in my favor to appease manufacturers and distributors that want to see a store front. I will call the realtor tomorrow morning and put some earnest money on it before it gets snatched up. My buddy is starting a vape shop and is going to go in on it as well.

Edit: Sunday June 22nd 2014 --- Closing on the property is scheduled for June 26th. She's a 130+ year old building on the square in Lebanon. She needs some work, but I got the seller down 14% off asking. It's roughly ~5500 square feet on two floors with about 2100 sq. ft. of actual retail space. It looks like the retail side is going to be expanded a bit considering I now have space. Now I need to juggle the licenses around to appease federal, state, and local ordinance. My ATF guy said I can designate my current location as "offsite storage", but I'm having my doubts. The only law I can find uses the phrase "solely for storage", which would be a problem if I'm doing smithing/manufacturing work here. My guess is I need a type 1 for the retail location. I will be applying for a dealership for Nightforce and Vortex optics now that I meet their requirements.

Edit: Monday June 23rd 2014 --- I just received a pretty pink envelope from the ATF NFA Branch containing my class 2 SOT. So starting July 1st 2014, Eberhard Ballistics is good to go for manufacture and sales of NFA items. I see light at the end of the tunnel! Also, I am working on permits to do some building repair. I'll likely be placing an order for some XCRs soon. Considering the lead times from RA and my estimates of having the space ready, I should be able to open the doors around September 1st. I need to carve some time out to get the website going so I can just blog my experiences there.

Edit: Wednesday June 25th 2014 --- I'll be wiring the money for the building this afternoon! I've lined up permits to close off the alley for a week and start the repairs/remodel. I'll be wearing my mason and carpenter hats for the next couple of weeks. Punch 115 West Main Street Lebanon Indiana into google maps street view to see what I've gotten myself into. I'll need to take off a couple of feet of brick from the top for about a 15 foot span roughly in the middle (front to back) of the alley wall. Some of the roof and ceiling joists have rotted on the ends and starting to push outward on the brick, causing it to buckle. Back when this building went up, they used brick as a structural material and laid the joists right into the wall. In the early 1900s, materials engineers put a stop that madness, relegating brick to veneers only. I'll re-lay the brick work with some reinforcement and support the joists with some adapted steel enhancements.

Edit: Friday June 27th 2014 --- Well, its ours now! Closed, insured, utilities transferred. Changing the locks today. I went over yesterday evening and started stripping the ceiling in the area where I need to repair the wall. I need to get some supports for the roof and ceiling joists in ricky-tick. The boom lift is coming tomorrow morning and I'll start dismantling the brick. If I can get good weather for the week, the repairs should be fairly straight forward. I've started the transfer of paper work, but I need to talk to my ATF guy. I'm thinking I need a type 1 for the new location and just keep the type 7 as is. That allows me to retail at the new location and do licensee sales, manufacturing, and smithing work at my current location.

Edit: Saturday July 19th 2014 --- Lots of work going on at the building. Years of neglect and incompetence have taken a toll. I've submitted the app for a type 1 for the new location. So far, updating the SOT with another location has been elusive. It seems that the form is somewhat difficult to find. As usual, it seems I am the only one that has ever done this. Anyway, somewhere in the thread is a link to pics of the building and her ongoing resuscitation.
    Last edited by Mechanic; 07-19-2014 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Update
    Bravo and BADDFROGG like this.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Good luck, man. Wish you the best. When you get all settled tease us with some prices, please.

Paul

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Well, currently I feel like that one man band guy, only no monkey. This is by far the most complex venture I have embarked on yet. A myriad of ambiguous rules and regulations, varying from state to state and locality. And the FEDs scatter their bullshit across multiple agencies; ATF, TTB, DDTC to name just a few. The ATF guy said the interview will take about four hours to go over the business plan and some ATF requirements.

After 28 years as a software engineer, I feel like a noob when it comes to this web crap. The distributors that I have hooked up with so far seem very helpful, but the manufactures each have their own minimum advertised pricing. Once I work through all of the price lists and other crap, I need to get some stuff on the site (and get it up and running). Being a one man show with a day job, I need to start slow. Once I get the site going, I'll put in a special XCRForum discount code for you guys. The best would be to let me know what you are looking for and I'll send you a quote. I can't touch firearms until I get the FFL, but I can get quite a bit of other stuff.

I won't be able to stock a huge inventory any time soon, so I'm trying to identify some things to have on hand. Being as I need some optics, I've been perusing what's out there. None of my guys carry Nightforce, so I am trying to setup something directly with them. I can currently get others, like Nikon, Bushnell, Leupold, and Trijicon. Back in boot, I shot a 238 with a M16A1 that had plenty of mileage on her. Ten in a torso at 500 yards, prone, with irons and old school sling on the left bicep (yes, it was yards back then). Crap, I think I'd need a 48" barrel with the front sight on the muzzle just to focus on it now. I hate to say it, but sitting in a chair with a rest and a big ass scope is about the only way I'm going to hit paper past 300 these days. I like that ATACR with the MIL-R. I doubt I'm going to get the 80% margin that my black beans and rice budget would require, so I'm leaning toward the Nikon M-308 for Emm. Elle will be mated with an EOTech HWS and magnifier.

Anyway, if you have a wish list, let me know. From what I've looked through so far, I can at least match what I've seen on the street.

I'll be doing smith work also. I've got some fairly radical mods planed for both Emm and Elle. My latest was a chamfer on the receiver side of the locking button (the end of the recoil spring assembly) so the damn thing slips into the receiver easier. I finally got tired of fighting the thing.

Hopefully by the fall I can get out to Oregon for Cerekote certification. I'm looking to hookup with a company fairly local to do some black nitride on cut rifled barrels.

As overwhelming as it is right now, I'm having a ball so far. I love this shit!
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Badass man. Any plans for a relationship with vortex?
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Can you.get a trijicon rmr? Rm08g. The green triangle?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    Badass man. Any plans for a relationship with vortex?
    I checked into Vortex. They're pretty picky about dealers. I'll see if I can find a distributor that carries them, but it's not looking promising so far.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Quote Originally Posted by tommyid1 View Post
    Can you.get a trijicon rmr? Rm08g. The green triangle?

Good news: I can get it, and do better than OpticsPlanet.
    Bad news: My distributor is out of stock. I'll ping on them and see if they can get an ETA on orders.
    "Don't Tread On Me!"

Sweet pm me A price?

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    I checked into Vortex. They're pretty picky about dealers. I'll see if I can find a distributor that carries them, but it's not looking promising so far.
    Yes they are very strict about dealer regions. If your within a certain distance of another dealer who is then you won't.

Now if your not gonna have a store front then let them know as this might help you. Also let them know your gonna be a class 2 manufacturer and that you want to offer there products on guns you build and demonstrate.

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsors