Dont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML. - Page 2
Like Tree8Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Is my stance on drivers licenses and such hypocritical? Yeah, to a point. But to quote Val Kilmer, playing Doc Holiday, in Tombstone: My hypocrisy only goes so far.

And, of course, there's my signature line ;-)
    You flew into New York with a riot shotgun because you figured something else would land you in jail You let the law dictate you doing something you normally wouldn't do.

None of us are completely "free".

To the OP, hopefully you've been here long enough to understand sometimes even the advertisment section can get derailed. Apologies
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    You flew into New York with a riot shotgun because you figured something else would land you in jail You let the law dictate you doing something you normally wouldn't do.

None of us are completely "free".

To the OP, hopefully you've been here long enough to understand sometimes even the advertisment section can get derailed. Apologies
    Partially true.....

I achieved my goal, which was to be armed. I didn't actively give up my right to self-protection. My secondary goal was to not go to jail. I achieved that too, even when a detective saw the loaded shotgun and a shoulder holster for a 1911.

I would have taken the riotgun in any case, but I would have ADDITIONALLY taken a pistol if I'd driven into the state.
    The bad logistics were due to my employer, they paid for all my travel and just gave me the tickets and such.

My point being, if you're going to drive a load of your own property into a state while relocating, there's not much of a reason to not bring whatever you want with you. Just know the laws and act accordingly. So no, not completely free, but not scared of what some dupe in a costume thinks to the point that I give up my rights without more than a wimper.

And yeah, sometimes we jump the rails here, but it's all good natured! If he does decide to go ahead and sell, I hope it goes well!
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Correct. And that was your consent. Nobody 'took' your right, they threatened you and you decided that abandoning your right voluntarily was preferred to the potential risk of the outcome if you didn't voluntarily give your right away.

And that's a very real possibility. Of course, in our nation today, it's also a very real possibility that I'll be killed for it before going to jail. But if either happens, then they have actively TAKEN my right, I didn't give it up voluntarily.

I understand that my stance isn't for everyone - or particularly for anyone other than myself - but it is my stance.

My purpose for writing this is simple: everyone makes their decisions, but the totality of all the factors at play should be considered in that decision. You aren't falsifying your reality if you understand that you have other options, but are choosing to 'play by the rules' because you believe you are more likely to die from an encounter with the police than someone breaking into your house. I don't argue that point, because you might very well be correct. But others shouldn't mistakenly believe that they have no options other than to 'play by the rules'. Failure to recognize reality isn't the same as choosing to falsify reality.

I'm wanting to make sure that everyone understands that there's a red pill and a blue pill, and which one you choose to take is your decision - just knowingly make that decision with a full understanding of all of the principles involved.

ETA: if you sell the rifle now, rather than leave it with someone, and considering the current state of the nation, there's a significant possibility that you won't be able - as in legally capable - of purchasing another one just like it when you leave Yankee Central. Something to consider.

The other side of that is, if things go sideways, you should be able to pick up an AR15 on most any street corner.
    Same stance I have.
    Bravo likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Bravo

I take it you don't have a drivers license, nor insurance for your vehicle?

My point is since you're on the internet, to some extent, you have already taken both the red and blue pill.

My other point is New York is not a place to screw around without KNOWING thier gun laws first if you decide to live there with a firearm.
    I know most statist fucks will claim we need licenses and mandatory insurance....in spite of numerous SCOTUS case law, the AoC and the UN Charter on Human Rights....but whatevs. They can be just as wrong about their notions of government granted rights....no sense in waking the sleeping sheep.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

That was one thing the Articles of Confederation had right - enumerated Right to Travel.

Wish that had made it into the Constitution later on.....
    But I'm sure it was a matter of "there's no way anyone would ever try to regulate such a thing in this country!"
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Sig
    Hey, if you don't have a drivers license and drive anyway because you don't believe in the government controlling you, I can respect that. If not, again, to some extent, it's nothing but hypocrisy.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

That was one thing the Articles of Confederation had right - enumerated Right to Travel.

Wish that had made it into the Constitution later on.....
    But I'm sure it was a matter of "there's no way anyone would ever try to regulate such a thing in this country!"
    EXACTLY....the fact that SCOTUS, AoC and the UN Charter have all recognized that right makes it a very odd proposition indeed to claim that one needs licensing to travel by the "normal conveyance method of the day".

Hey, if you don't have a drivers license and drive anyway because you don't believe in the government controlling you, I can respect that. If not, again, to some extent, it's nothing but hypocrisy.
    Thanks for making the sovereign citizen's movement even more correct in their assertions (and their forerunner in Lysander Spooner)....and they're a bunch of loons by and large, LOL.

I don't know that one can claim a strict definition of "hypocrisy" fits a situation where the decision isn't at all determined by free will and freedom of choice, but instead by threat of coercive force.....but you go ahead and judge however you see fit. It's too early to start killing the fuckers.....apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    It's too early to start killing the fuckers.....apparently.
    Barely.
    Just BARELY.
    Sean K. likes this.

Where are you located? Is it still for sale? Interested in any trades?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors