Dont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML.
Like Tree8Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML.

Dont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML.

I have a like new 7.62 x 39 XCR-L keymod (SN XL 108XX) for sale with an EOTech XPS2-2, Troy Standard Folding Battle Sights, and a hard plastic carry case. Paid $1700 gun, $500 EOTech, $150 sights, $100 case, $100 grippod bipod = $2550 (rounding down and not including taxes). Will sell as a package for $1800 plus you pay shipping. Will sell just rifle/case/sights/grip pod for $1600. EOtechXSP 2-2 - $350.
    Dont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML.-20160715_080748.jpgDont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML.-20160715_081017.jpgDont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML.-20160715_081326.jpgDont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML.-20160715_081455.jpgDont WTS keymod XCR-L 7.62 x 39, EOTech, Troy Sights but I'm moving to New York. FML.-20160715_081532.jpg
    If you search the forums there is a post about 1 mag that ASC replaced free of charge after the first outing, 2nd outing all 3 mags functioned flawlessly. Sights are lower 1/3 co witness with XPS2-2, shot it twice, deployed, got back and now I'm moving to Syracuse. Bought this one from Little Jack. Please call/text 256-453-1278 for more info. Must be willing to sign bill of sale and pay up before I ship. Thanks.

Hood
    If guns kill people then spoons made Oprah fat.

Sorry to hear brother! Good luck with the sale. XPS is damn tempting..................

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Me too, almost divorced the wife so she could move solo and kept the gun but i figure just getting a new XCR in a couple years is cheaper... J/k.
    If guns kill people then spoons made Oprah fat.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Or just not selling it at all.
    There are people - I'm sure you know some - that are trustworthy enough to leave it with.
    Or just take it with you ;-)
    Mechanic, Sean K. and Nomad like this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that canít be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Sig
    Good luck with the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Or just take it with you ;-)
    I use to live in Syracuse and Watertown.

He's not taking the rifle with him, nor could be buy one there. New York gun laws suck moose cock.

Hood, not certain if you're from the North East, but you will get a whole new understanding of "lake affect" snow if you haven't lived in an area susceptible to that phenomena . I saw one snowfall of 96" from start to beginning (think it was like 72" in a day), and some people will tell you to stop driving if you hit a white out on the road, while others will tell you to keep driving, but go slower. My first one was just south of Pulaski, scared the living crap out of me at first.

Some great paddling areas, and some fond memories, but you'd never get me to go back there LOL

Good luck with the move. If you're into the outdoors, make sure you get to Old Forge and Lake Placid. Lots of nice remote areas up there, just that New York City and Albany *ucks the state over. Some good people live there to, don't mean to sound too negative about the state.
    Last edited by Sig; 07-16-2016 at 10:25 AM.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

I get what the laws there are.
    The last time I was there, I carried a riot shotgun with me because it was legal to fly in and out with. I figured flying in with a declared pistol would get me jailed when I landed - or when I declared it to fly back home.

But if I was moving there, that means ground transportation, and ground transportation means I'd have with me whatever I damned well owned. It's in a steel box, locked up, so get a f'n warrant if you want in.

I didn't have police searching my hotel room in any of the many months I lived there - what cause could they have to search a house without a warrant?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving legal advice.

What I am doing is explaining that the politicians have essentially violated the Supreme Law Of The Land, and my guns are owned by me. Just because some idiots write something on a piece of paper doesn't limit my recourse to whining and begging them to allow me my rights. I have my rights, and I'm going to do what I'm going to do.

Do you think I'd do anything different if my state outlawed - or even mandated registration - tomorrow?

The consent of the victim is what they require. I'm just refusing to consent.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that canít be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Sig
    I lived there twice as a civilian.

Both times I left all of my guns out of state.

When I travel to visit my dad in Pa, I spend 30 minutes unloading, seperating and securing my ammo and pistols (and then reversing the process) while driving 15 minutes through Maryland on I-81.

You never plan on having something happen, but if dumb luck strikes, either in Maryland, New Jersey, Massachusetts or New York, it's just not worth it. More than a good chance you WILL spend a LOT of money and still end up in jail.

YOU may not be as lucky like having the fatwad from Jersey running for president and then decides to pardon you.

You may refuse to consent, but that still won't stop you from spending a LOT of time in jail.
    Last edited by Sig; 07-16-2016 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Both times I left all of my guns out of state.
    Correct. And that was your consent. Nobody 'took' your right, they threatened you and you decided that abandoning your right voluntarily was preferred to the potential risk of the outcome if you didn't voluntarily give your right away.

You may refuse to consent, but that still won't stop you from spending a LOT of time in jail.
    And that's a very real possibility. Of course, in our nation today, it's also a very real possibility that I'll be killed for it before going to jail. But if either happens, then they have actively TAKEN my right, I didn't give it up voluntarily.

I understand that my stance isn't for everyone - or particularly for anyone other than myself - but it is my stance.

My purpose for writing this is simple: everyone makes their decisions, but the totality of all the factors at play should be considered in that decision. You aren't falsifying your reality if you understand that you have other options, but are choosing to 'play by the rules' because you believe you are more likely to die from an encounter with the police than someone breaking into your house. I don't argue that point, because you might very well be correct. But others shouldn't mistakenly believe that they have no options other than to 'play by the rules'. Failure to recognize reality isn't the same as choosing to falsify reality.

I'm wanting to make sure that everyone understands that there's a red pill and a blue pill, and which one you choose to take is your decision - just knowingly make that decision with a full understanding of all of the principles involved.

ETA: if you sell the rifle now, rather than leave it with someone, and considering the current state of the nation, there's a significant possibility that you won't be able - as in legally capable - of purchasing another one just like it when you leave Yankee Central. Something to consider.

The other side of that is, if things go sideways, you should be able to pick up an AR15 on most any street corner.
    Last edited by Bravo; 07-16-2016 at 03:21 PM.
    Sean K. likes this.

Sig
    Bravo

I take it you don't have a drivers license, nor insurance for your vehicle?

My point is since you're on the internet, to some extent, you have already taken both the red and blue pill.

My other point is New York is not a place to screw around without KNOWING thier gun laws first if you decide to live there with a firearm.

I take it you don't have a drivers license, nor insurance for your vehicle?
    I do keep insurance on my vehicles - in my opinion that's a moral issue, not just a legal issue. I would have insurance whether it was the law or not. Of course, the license is another issue completely. It falls into that 'I can go along with this extortion' category. I pay 5 bucks per year for something to keep me out of jail. Same reason I have a CCW - it's cheap "get out of jail" insurance. That having been said, I carry wherever I go, whether it's "legal" or not. The only exceptions I have are courtrooms and military bases. I don't have the exception of airplanes and airports, I choose not to use them for this reason. If I had the option of paying 5 bucks a year and "legally" keeping my rifle, I'd personally pay the extortion money. But when some idiots that call themselves "our betters" tell me that I'm not ALLOWED to have something, well, I'm going to participate in some civil disobedience.

My point is since you're on the internet, to some extent, you have already taken both the red and blue pill.
    Unfortunately that's just the way it is in amirika. Everyone has to compromise to some degree - what degree you choose is up to your personal convictions. I'm not calling any names or pointing any fingers, just saying that "I don't, and I wouldn't". That's me personally.

My other point is New York is not a place to screw around without KNOWING thier gun laws first if you decide to live there with a firearm.
    Completely agreed. I just figured the OP had that understanding, based on the fact that he's selling the carbine.

Is my stance on drivers licenses and such hypocritical? Yeah, to a point. But to quote Val Kilmer, playing Doc Holiday, in Tombstone: My hypocrisy only goes so far.

And, of course, there's my signature line ;-)
    Last edited by Bravo; 07-17-2016 at 01:00 PM.
    Sean K. likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors