WTB/WTT (AR-15, etc.) for a XCR 556 Heavy Barrel in California
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB/WTT (AR-15, etc.) for a XCR 556 Heavy Barrel in California

WTB/WTT (AR-15, etc.) for a XCR 556 Heavy Barrel in California

I am looking to buy an XCR that is or can be made legal in CA. I am looking for a 556 with a 16 inch heavy barrel, and a tubular stock (non-folding stock 12 or 13 inches).

I have to have a bullet button installed here, but the rifle can be sent (broken down), lower only to my FFL and it is perfectly legal (happens all the time). Then my FFL installs the bullet button and then releases it to me after the waiting period. That is all there is to it. Also, I cannot take any high capacity magazines, we are limited to 10 round magazines here, but if you take the magazines apart you can send them as rebuild kits/conversion kits, perfectly legal, but they must be disassembled.

I do not check this sight real often, so if you want to email me, please do at [email protected] Thanks. It is not that big of a deal to sell here in CA. Just have to know the laws. The XCR is approved for sale in CA, (see their website) I just have to make those modifications.

I have been a Calguns.net member for some time and have purchased a few rifles/pistols from there. I also have 260/100% positive feedback on ebay. Please contact if you are looking to sell. I am also looking to sell/trade a very nice AR-15, and a Para Ordinance Covert Black Carry .45 http://www.paraord.com/product/product.html?id=32 and some cash, and also a S&W 642 airweight 38 +P revolver with Crimson Trace grip sights and some cash http://www.smith-wesson.com. I am in Simi Valley CA, in Ventura County.

Ken

Re: WTB/WTT (AR-15, etc.) for a XCR 556 Heavy Barrel in California

See all that you have to go through is why I will NEVER live in Cali again. I was born and raised in Orange County 'till I joined up. Never looked back...

I would move the hell out of there. Cali is a communist state. Why would you want to live there? I know you can find good work doing what you love to do elsewhere.

Sorry to rant but I cannot stand Cali.
    "If the provisions of the Constitution be not upheld when they pinch, as well as when they comfort, they may as well be abandoned." - U.S. Supreme Court Justice George Southerland, 1934

WWW.GLOCKFAN.US - Glock Pistol Forum

WWW.ACRFORUM.COM - Remington Bushmaster ACR Rifle Forum

Living in California

I agree, it is a hard state to live in (as a gun owner). I too was born and raised here, went in the service, but came back to be close to family..... I got married and her family is here too. I have a well paying job that I do not want to give up, so for now, here is where I will stay, in Cali.

I am sure someone out there would help a suppressed gun owner and XCR hopefull owner like me..... It is not hard to ship here and the rules are fairly easy to follow.

Ken

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hultgrenks View Post
    I am looking to buy an XCR that is or can be made legal in CA. The XCR is approved for sale in CA, (see their website)
    Are you sure of that? I discussed this with Alex last year; at that time he had not submitted an XCR to get CA approval, and seemed to have no interest in making the alterations that appear necessary to get it approved.

Yes, the XCR is California legal. You just have to bastardize it to make it that way.

http://www.robarm.com/XCR_CA.htm
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

I'm aware that Robarm offers "California" models. However, that's not the same as having it approved by the CA Attorney General for sale in the Peoples Republik.

The Bushmaster Carbon-15 "Top Loader"
    (http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_ca...C-C15RM4FT.asp) has been approved for sale in CA; I've seen the official letter of approval for it.

AFAIK, the XCR has not received such approval.

With that I don't know. I know that some companies can't send new pistols because they haven't been approved. I am not sure how the rifles work. I wouldn't think Robarms would be selling them out there if it was illegal.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    I wouldn't think Robarms would be selling them out there if it was illegal.
    AFAIK, the XCR "California" models are in technical compliance with CA law.

Rifle's aren't subject to the same rules as pistols. So long as they aren't banned by name (make and MODEL) then they are legal so long as they are configured properly. A properly configured rifle that was banned by name is illegal. You can have two identical AR-15's with different names stamped on them and one would be perfectly legal and the other would not be. Before bullet buttons and the list being cut off several companies made attempts at producing configurations that sound like they should be legal and they went through the trouble to make sure.

I'm still waiting on my California legal XCR. (4 months to the day, today...)

Thanks for all the postings..... If you are not from California, you can see all the trouble we have to go through to get the firearms that we want, and the majority of those out there, we can't. You can go to the CA DOJ website for all the rules, but here is a quick and dirty for those who do not know our struggles. Hopefully the current administration does not get all of you to our level, or worse.

There is a big difference from being on the banned list, to being CA compliant, and from being "approved" in CA.

1. Rifle, centerfire (semi auto's I am talking about here) must not be on the CA banned list of firearms. If you own an "assault rifle, you must have purchased it before the ban, and you should/some say must carry the proof of its registration when you are shooting it.
    2. The weapon cannot have/use more than a 10 round magazine (all rifles, pistols, etc). post ban
    3. If there is a pistol grip, the magazine must be configured to be removed (mag release) with some sort of tool, and not just your finger or any part of your hand, etc. (a tool must be used). Hence the "bullet button" or "raddlock"
    4. The barrell must be at least 16 inches long
    5. If it has a folding stock, the rifle must be at least 30 inches long, or is it 31? If it is shorter than that folded, it is illegal.
    6. It cannot have a flash suppressor, but a muzzle brake is OK.

There are a lot of other laws talking about rifles with no pistol grip (M-14, M-1A, M1 Carbine, Garand, etc) but that is a whole other discussion. There are many more laws than above stated, but the major ones that effect the sale of centerfire semi-auto rifles. ( I am not a lawyer, so you must check the DOJ website for all the laws, mine is an imcomplete list)

So, an XCR can be converted to meet the above requirements (compliant with CA Law, not CA approved) and be within the law, it is not hard. Robinson Arms does make 2 versions that are CA legal, I was just hoping to find one a little sooner than having to wait for a new build.

If the future for weapons looks as bleak as many predict the new administration will eventually get around to changing, us here in CA are a little more prepared...... I feel sorry for all you out there who have few restrictions placed on you now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors