Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX - Page 5
Like Tree2Likes
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX

Hello, I am not really savvy with online forums, but I came across the ad Nate put up on GB for these adapters and contacted him a few months ago. I have some adapters that were made a while back. They are not exactly the same as what Nate sent me pictures of, being made more specifically for the SIG MCX/MPX collapsible brace, but they will still allow other SIG attachments to be positioned in 3 slots for height adjustment.

They were made after trying several prototypes. These allow room for the charging handle to clear the different versions of the collapsible brace mount, and position the height so that the collapsible brace rods fit just between the wide part of the receiver and the take down button.

They were CNC’d from 6061T6, and Type III Class 2 Hard Coat Anodized in black, though they have a sort of purplish tint in certain light. They have a QD mount at the bottom, and a cut out for the Type 2 BCG. They weigh about 2.9oz on my cheap food scale.

If anyone is interested in them, I would take $100 a piece (including normal shipping) on here. I talked to Nate before posting a while back because I didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes. I realize he has been working on the other design, and I didn’t want to mess up any time the machinist had put in. I had a lot going on at that point, but I was just now able to put the info together.

The ones Nate has been working on have more height adjustment, and may be lighter due to the fact that they don’t come back as far, at least the first version he showed me. When we started talking I showed him the ones I have that work with the collapsible brace and have a QD mount, and I think he has started to incorporate some of those ideas into the newer version of his. Someone wanting the most height adjustment might be better off waiting on Nate’s, I think his will still have more slots.

But if anyone could find use in these, please let me know. Because of my work/travel schedule, sometimes I cannot get internet/phone access to respond quickly, but I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Here are some pics of the adapter:
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-adapter-1.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-adapter-2.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-adapter-3-.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-adapter-4-.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-adapter-5-.png

Some showing the lengths compared to a FAST 2. The overall length is about the same fully extended. Fully collapsed it is shorted than the FAST. The FAST gets shorter when it is folded, but it is thicker overall.
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-extended-.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-middle-position.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-collapsed.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-folded-.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-folded-top-.png

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

When in the center slot, the top of the collapsible brace is similar height to an HK416, in regards to the top of the rail. In the top slot, it is similar to an AR. In the bottom slot, it is almost in line with the bore.
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-center-slot.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-high-slot-.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-low-slot.png

And here are some measured pics, and one showing the charging handle clearance. Different attachments have had different shaped mounts, but that one was the closest of the ones I have. Sorry for the long post. I wanted to give as much info on them as I could. Thanks!
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-measured-adapter-.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-measured-fast-2-.png
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-charging-handle-clearance.png

Here's pics of the latest Lucky Irish adapter.

High position: Just about in line with the top rail
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-resized_20190705_192850.jpeg

Med: Approx .5" below the rail
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-resized_20190705_192726-1-.jpeg

Low: Approx 1" below the rail
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-resized_20190705_192941.jpeg

Collapsible stock
    Group Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-resized_20190705_193118.jpegGroup Buy for MCX stock adapters for the MCX-resized_20190705_193136.jpeg

QD is in the bottom like the RA adapters.

Current one will allow you to use the wire stock and fold it to the left without hitting the charging handle knob, AR buffer tube/stocks may hit the knob depending on the stock type/position. It's currently too short to work on the M due to the M charging handle being an extra 1" longer than on the L. The handle hits the hinge/attachement for the stocks. Fixes for that would be; make the adapter longer(not my favorite), trim the back of the handle, use an L charging handle(any one know if that'll work?), flip the adapter to fold to the right(easy to do on the tube adapters, you can unscrew the wire stock options and flip the stock to get it to work with those) or not use it on the M.

This version will work on the L with any of the stock options

Jay contacted me back in March. We've talked a few times and traded texts. He seems to be legit and is a XCR enthusiast. I'm still in for the Irish adapter but I'm getting one of Jay's.

All,

Need some opinions. The current version of the lucky Irish adapter is setup great for the L. There's a couple issues with the M though. To clear the charging handle on the left folding stocks the adapter would have to be about a half inch longer. Personally I think it'd take away from the look and functionality on the L if you did that. You could flip the folding adapter to fold to the right but that puts the hinge in the way (of your eye line and possibly hitting your cheek drifting on how you shoot) slightly. You could trim material off of the back of the M charging handle or maybe try an L charging handle on the M. I haven't had a chance to try that yet.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    All,

Need some opinions. The current version of the lucky Irish adapter is setup great for the L. There's a couple issues with the M though. To clear the charging handle on the left folding stocks the adapter would have to be about a half inch longer. Personally I think it'd take away from the look and functionality on the L if you did that. You could flip the folding adapter to fold to the right but that puts the hinge in the way (of your eye line and possibly hitting your cheek drifting on how you shoot) slightly. You could trim material off of the back of the M charging handle or maybe try an L charging handle on the M. I haven't had a chance to try that yet.

Thoughts?

Just my 2 cents as I don't have any plans to buy this adapter or stock....but it seems the most viable answer is the swapping to the L charging handle. I'd agree...the longer adapter is going to look weird and most people aren't going to want to cut the M handle down. The other problem is the added expense and hassle of getting an L handle. I've got some laying around from spare uppers, but most folks will have to either have you order them or go direct through RA and I'm already waiting over a month just to get some parts that should be in stock from RA direct.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

The Lucky Irish adapters are a couple days out. I'll be paying LeeMajors for the 12 total from the list in the OP. I PM'd everyone on that list. If I don't hear back from them, I'll post up any left overs here and/or GB. LM said they should have some extras as well.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsors