FS: Everything XCR-L, serial XL060XX - Page 4
Like Tree13Likes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FS: Everything XCR-L, serial XL060XX

California is easily the most beautiful state we have.

Itís too bad though that the entire west coast is a ticking time bomb for natural disasters. Wether itís Volcanic or seismic, itís been a long time since a bad event has occurred.

I can deal with storms, you can run from weather, but you just donít get enough warning for earthquakes or volcanos for the most part.

Iím not one to base my life on what ifís, but I certainly can control risk to some extent.

I hate just hate it for California. Not just politically too. It truly is an absolutely stunning part of the planet. The whole west coast in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean K. and fmunk like this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    California is easily the most beautiful state we have.

It’s too bad though that the entire west coast is a ticking time bomb for natural disasters. Wether it’s Volcanic or seismic, it’s been a long time since a bad event has occurred.

I can deal with storms, you can run from weather, but you just don’t get enough warning for earthquakes or volcanos for the most part.

I’m not one to base my life on what if’s, but I certainly can control risk to some extent.

I hate just hate it for California. Not just politically too. It truly is an absolutely stunning part of the planet. The whole west coast in fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    True enough. On the other hand, you just can't live like the sky is going to fall [someday]. Also, there are likely fault lines in the planet's crust that we do not know about. Like this pandemic is showing us: No matter how much you prepare you'll never be fully prepared. Control is an illusion (same goes for another form of control, government/civlization). You do what you can. You take things as they come and keep your cool. Despite the assholes of the world, there are still good people—like all of you—all around. And, like this forum, different political views don't make them bad people.

It bothers me a bit when I see the state and its people vilified as a lot. I have plenty of friends and co-workers who don't believe in the right to bear arms. And they're good people too. If I can show them that 1) I own/like guns and 2) possession of inanimate objects doesn't make me an uncaring raging lunatic... Then, to me, it's an incremental win. Tolerance, like kindness, is reciprocal and someone has to start the cycle. Hardline stance by either side will only deepen the divide (and we all lose). Same goes for our national politics.
    Last edited by fmunk; 05-08-2020 at 12:01 PM.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsors