My XCR buying process. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My XCR buying process.

Re: My XCR buying process.

Well I went to get a quote today. It was pretty much in line with what I was expecting. I will probably have my dealer place the order within the next week. I still want to find out some details about the ambi mag catch... I'm not sure if I want that or not, as a lefty. Other than that though, I think I'm good to go. All new rifles are shipping with the new gas system now, as I understand it.

I would expect to wait 6-8 weeks if you order from a dealer that has never purchased from Robinson.

The XCR is a Hot Seller and Robinson ships to the dealers that have been with them from the beginning and have orders in the Que.

I waited 7-8 weeks and if I had it to do over again I would have bought mine from one of the Dealers mentioned in the where to buy section... Kermits... AIM or Clubster in SigForum actually advertised that he had a few with the New Gas System in stock 1400.00 shipped and insured.. you save sales tax but you have to get a FFL to do the transfer.. I found a dealer that does them for 25 bucks. ;D

I wish you luck..
    Tzoid

Well, my dealer ordered my VEPR K a while ago... not sure if they have done any other business with them, but certainly not enough to get bumped up in line. Thats OK though, I don't mind the wait, and I like to support my local shop as much as possible since they have been real good to me over the years.

So I dropped by the shop today and told them to order it in the configuration we discussed before. I will call them tomorrow afternoon to make sure they were able to place the order with no hitches.

Hopefully in early November I will be an XCR owner.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

My final quoted price was $1475 for the rifle plus factory installed ambi selector. Quoted 7 weeks wait, which makes the target date November 8th.

The best price I've seen for the rifle from stocking dealers is $1399. Throw in shipping, transfer fee, I would have been at or over 1475, without the ambi selector, so I think I did alright on the price. Now the wait.

Stuff I still need:

-500 rounds of good, hot ammo for break-in... Federal AE (factory recommended) isn't in stock at my favorite website at the moment, but Win Q3131 is, which I think would be as good or better (being milspec 5.56, after all) if it is still there when I get around to ordering. After that, I plan to shamelessly run the cheap stuff, up to and including Wolf.

-STILL need a vertical grip that will work on the XCR. I'm now thinking of giving a short BOBRO a try, since there seem to be positive reports of them working well. I hear the KAC I originally bought for it will not grip the XCR's particular rail well due to the lightening cuts. The BOBRO does appear to have a larger pressure plate on the bottom.

-Aimpoint/mount. I don't mind shooting irons for a while, so no rush. I like my CompM3 fine, so I'll probably get another one of those. Haven't decided on a mount height yet, as there seem to be conflicting reports of how well the rail/bore/checkweld heights match up compared to an AR.

Looking forward to it.

Hey NY,

Have you checked out the La Rue mounts and package deals they have for the Aimpoint?

http://www.laruetactical.homestead.com/links/links.htm

Be Safe!
    O.S.O.K.

Aussie,

Yes; in all likelyhood that is the route I will go. Saves about $50 over buying both separatey, if I remember correctly.

I'm going to break it in with Win Q3131 55gr M193. Should be sufficiently hot.

Yes, and it's as good as I can do wholesale unless I am going to commit to a large order of both mounts and scopes.

Have you checked out the new Aimpoint CompM4? It looks awsome with it's LaRue mount:

O.S.O.K.

I think I'm going to stick with the M3...

Same functionality, and as far as I can tell, the only real difference is that it uses a more readily available battery. $700-900 for dot and mount just strikes me as a little ridiculous when the exact same functionality is available for several hundred less. But its nice to have choices of course.

GG&G are advertizing the M4, with their quick release mount for $650.00, but they have a good deal on the M3 as well. The only thing is I prefer the LaRue mounting system :
    O.S.O.K.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors