Impact guns is blowing out Colt 6920's for $1399
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impact guns is blowing out Colt 6920's for $1399

Impact guns is blowing out Colt 6920's for $1399

Impact guns is blowing out Colt 6920's for $1399.

If you ever wanted an M4, this is as close as you are going to get. They had a good supply of them too. I saw a stack of at least 20 guns

http://www.impactguns.com/store/COLT-LE6920BF.html
    "Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics." - Gen. Robert Barrow, USMC (1980)
    www.acrforum.com

Re: Impact guns is blowing out Colt 6920's for $1399

Just incase anyone else is interested I found these going at Jensen Arms for $1275. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=130634419

They have several listed, and must have got a huge shipment of them. I've delt with Jensen in the past and had a nice transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by thadbme View Post
    Just incase anyone else is interested I found these going at Jensen Arms for 75. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=130634419

They have several listed, and must have got a huge shipment of them. I've delt with Jensen in the past and had a nice transaction.
    Yeah, I'd say they probably got a few in, check out the pic on this auction of theirs,
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=130653312

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Dumb question....would I be able to add an aftermarket piston system to the colt 6920?

Jack A Sol

Why would you want to?? you buy a Colt because they are very reliable and well built as they come from the factory, adding a piston system to one would be a huge step backwards and tantamount to treason.

Piston AR's are proving out to be a poor idea and a failure. Avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by colddedhands View Post
    Dumb question....would I be able to add an aftermarket piston system to the colt 6920?
    Not a dumb question.

There is no reason that a piston could not be added to a Colt the same way it's added to any other AR.

You can get complete piston uppers or I believe there are some aftermarket conversion kits that drop in (I don't know how easily they drop in).

Colt does some funky stuff with the size of its trigger group pins. Other than that, the rifle is pretty much your standard AR.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." -Mark Twain

“It is something great and greatening to cherish an ideal; to act in the light of truth that is far-away and far above; to set aside the near advantage, the momentary pleasure; the snatching of seeming good to self; and to act for remoter ends, for higher good, and for interests other than our own.” -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by Jack A Sol View Post
    Why would you want to?? you buy a Colt because they are very reliable and well built as they come from the factory, adding a piston system to one would be a huge step backwards and tantamount to treason.

Piston AR's are proving out to be a poor idea and a failure. Avoid them.
    I've heard quite the opposite. Please PM me your thoughts as to not derail this thread.

People will scream heresy by my saying this,but Colt's are overrated.They are better than some AR's ,not as good as others.What it comes down to much like FN and HK you pay for the "privilege" of owning one. :.There are many other good AR manufacturers out there that haven't sold out the civilian buyer simply because they have a government contract.Colt used to be a great American company,but now I wouldn't buy anything from them.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

$1250 is not bad for a Colt considering that a Bushmaster goes for $1000. With Colt you get a better barrel, HP and MPI testing for both barrels and bolts. Best of all you get the "Colt" stamp on the side of you gun. This lets you know that each rifle and barrel went through a tougher QC than the others.

As for Piston AR's, I agree, they might be more hype than function. LMT, LWRC, and POF all seems to have problems one way or the other. I don't know much about LMT or POF Pistons, but the LWRC seems to suffer from broken carrier keys (but this is soon to fixed, LWRC is moving to a one piece carrier) and carrier tilt, where the BCG enters the buffer tube at an angle shaving off metal.

However, I have not experienced any problems with carrier tilt or broken keys so my LWRC is still one of my favorite rifles. But it has only seen 500 rounds and so the word is still out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dont_tread_on_me View Post
    People will scream heresy by my saying this,but Colt's are overrated.They are better than some AR's ,not as good as others.What it comes down to much like FN and HK you pay for the "privilege" of owning one. :.There are many other good AR manufacturers out there that haven't sold out the civilian buyer simply because they have a government contract.Colt used to be a great American company,but now I wouldn't buy anything from them.
    I agree tread. I'm not a huge fan of them because of some of their previous conduct.

That aside I have had several Colts and most of them were good but IMO no better than other well built ARs. In fact two Colts I had were the only ARs that gave me trouble right out of the box. I had to replace the disconnectors in both because the triggers would lock to the rear. Doesn't mean anything really. Every AR maker out there makes one that doesn't work occasionally. Some of mine had a little looser upper/lower fit than I prefer. They do a good job on finish though.

The connector problem was an isolated incident that wouldn't prevent me from getting another but I definitely don't swallow the Colt or nothing opinion carried by some over at ARF.com.

Not that I don't agree that some ARs are better built and use higher quality parts than others. A person could put together one nice AR for $1400 with all the the same Colt perks plus more. But that's just me.

Nothing against anyone that prefers Colt over anything else. AR brand is a personal preference for sure. $1399 is a good deal for a 6920 for anybody wanting a Colt, no doubt about it. I'm sure they would be very happy with it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors