For Sale- PARA SKS (CHINESE MFG) SOLD PENDING FUNDS - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale- PARA SKS (CHINESE MFG) SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Re: For Sale- PARA SKS (CHINESE MFG) SOLD PENDING FUNDS

In reference to the Smoke guy, the only thing I'm going to say is it sounds like he's trying to scam me out of some money. I offered to take the rifle back but I'm not going to pay his shipping for it since I did post pics and described the condition it was in. I've sold quite a few things online and never had a problem with anyone before. Just another person that wants to get somthing for nothing.
    Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by smoke63b View Post
    Just wanted to post and let everyone know that Cid has ripped me off on this sale.

He removed the pictures completely from add as soon as I stated I was interested I'm guessing so that some of the more experienced folks would not be able to tell in the small pictures that there were signs that this was NOT a Para at all but a badly chopped, regular Norinco.
    I sent Cid a money order for 0 to pay for this item and received it late last night from my FFL. The barrel was chopped off by a hack apparently since it's not an even cut and the recrowning is terrible. The bayonet was simply hacked off to fit and doesn't even have a point on it at all, just a 3/4 inch flat area where it was hacksawed off. There are several other issues with the gun as well that were not mentioned but it was advertised and told to me via PM's that it was a numbers matching para. (The numbers don't even match on this gun).

I contacted Cid today to see if we could work out some sort of a deal, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Thus far he has refused to work with me on the item he grossly misrepresented. His only offer was to give me 0 back and he would keep the shipping cost and I would pay out of my pocket to re-ship it back to him. So in essence he would get the firearm back, I would be out on a 0 gun and he would re-sell it again as a para. I don't think that's fair or good business.

Just a warning here to anyone thinking of dealing with him on a sale since I see he has other things listed for sale. He has claimed complete ignorance of the fact that it's not a para saying he didn't know that. It's hard to believe considering the completely obvious things on this gun. You can tell immediately upon a single glance in person that it was chopped up. I don't even know much about SKS's and even I could tell that it was messed up in person.

I am in the process of contacting his local Police Department to get this matter settled.
    Sorry for posting something like this on the forum but I don't want anyone else to get stuck in this situation with this guy.
    Wes
    Also, the barrel did NOT appear to be chopped or modified, certainly not by a hacksaw. Also, all the numbers that I could find did indeed match.I did not remove any pics, that was an issue with imageshack. I sent him pics via PM at his request, the same ones I had posted.
    Semper Fidelis

You advertised it as a para. You told me it was a numbers matching para in the pm's and emails. You charged me a para price for the gun. All I asked was that you give me some rebate to make it right considering it wasn't even a para. Your solution was to make me lose approximately 95 dollars on the deal and you get the gun back. It sounds to me like I would have to be the one at fault to be LOSING that much money and getting nothing but for some reason, even though YOU falsely advertised the gun and used very small pictures that you quickly removed, you somehow think I should be the one to lose money on this. I do not get your logic. You're not a large, bureaucratic company. I asked you to please do the right thing and gave you three separate opportunities to discuss a resolution with me. You refused and now I will be contacting your local PD and filing a lawsuit against you for misrepresentation.

You may think I'm going overboard or something but I do not intend to be ripped off over the internet by someone who absolutely refused to actually be a DECENT person and make the deal RIGHT after you LIED about what the gun is. The numbers do NOT match on this gun and it is NOT a para at all. Not even close. No one could tell in the pictures because of the angles you shot them at. I will re-post the pictures tonight so you can all see what I'm talking about. Quite a coincidence as well that they were immediately removed from the thread. He states image shack removed them but I know that's a lie because they were only up for a day or so before they disappeared and your other older sales that used image shack pictures still have the links in the threads.

If you really want to try and point a finger at me and say I'm trying to scam you, I will post all the conversations between us on this forum and elsewhere on the internet. You will not get away with trying to rip me off. I don't put up with that kind of nonsense.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

The numbers do match, I didn't lie, I've already responded to your other allegations about removing the pics. Once again, why would I remove pics and then send you the same ones via email? You're just another internet scammer as far as I'm concerned. I don't care if I'm not a huge corporation, I'm not losing money to a scammer like yourself.
    Semper Fidelis

I'm the scammer? I'm not the one that sold a fake para for 330 bucks. I'm the person that trusted you and BOUGHT the fake para. How does that make me a scammer?

I have the original email with the pics you sent me (which are very small and tilted so you can't see the barrel crown or the bayonet/bayonet groove in the stock very well) proving that the gun I'm going to post pictures of tomorrow is the exact SAME gun and that it is CLEARLY not a para.

Once that is proven, what will you have to say then about advertising a para and selling me a gun you told me is a para for a para premium and then refusing to fix the problem? You are the person at fault here. Not me, yet you want ME to lose money for some reason.

You're a real stand-up guy there Cid...

The rifle is a para. I got it from a guy I trust in trade and he's never misrepresented a gun to me before. I haven't modified the gun so all I can assume is that your mistaken or trying to scam me. Once again, if your unhappy with it, send it back. I'm not paying for your shipping though.
    Semper Fidelis

Here are the original pictures he posted here claiming this was a Para.

I am not an all-knowing sks expert. It LOOKED like a para in the pictures. You can see that it's very hard to see the bayonet and the barrel crown in these pictures.
    I will have to post my own pictures of the gun tomorrow after work. I will take closeups of the hacksawed off bayonet and the bubba'd crown job on the barrel. No matter how it was done Cid, the point is that it is NOT a para and I have a hard time believing that you didn't know that considering I had never even owned an sks until now and I could tell immediately once it was in-hand.

Cid again, I've given you the benefit of the doubt but your unwillingness to come to an amiable agreement on the deal is what the problem is.

Here's what I'm gonna do for you. I'm going to check the gun over and compare it to the diagrams online of the Chinese Para, then I'm going to take closeup pictures of bubba'd stuff and post them here for you to see. I don't have time to do all that tonight because I have work tomorrow. I will get those up tomorrow evening.

Also, I just wanted to make a comment on you thinking I'm trying to scam you... Why would I try to scam you for a very small rebate to make it the price of a regular norinco when that's exactly what it is? How is that trying to scam you?

When someone tries to get money for nothing, it's a scam.
    Semper Fidelis

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors