XCR Forum banner

ZM LR300 upper; Surefire 951 light-- SPF again

7K views 34 replies 10 participants last post by  DSM 
#1 ·
Price drop for the folks on here, if no sell, then on to barfcom...

Up first is an older ZM Weapons LR300 upper with the nylatron handguard. Older upper but from the previous owner to me there have been less than 200rds through the tube. This upper uses a unique direct gas set up that doesn't blow gas into the upper receiver like all other DI uppers. 1/9 twist, chrome lined, 16". I installed an A2 hider, I swapped the YHM hider it came with awhile back. Now, here's my oops moment. I've had this upper disassembled for quite some time as I had planned on turning a new handguard for it and when I went to put it back together one of the screws got started to get really twisted in there (apparently the handguard needs GPS precision to line up correctly!) so instead of really boogering up the threads I left it out. They are standard machine screws so easy to replace, I'm just too lazy to fix it. Anyway, the handguard isn't going anywhere, it's secured and it doesn't affect the function of the upper in any way. This is the daddy of Para Ordnance's TTR, same design and same parts if you want spares. If you go to my thread under "stocks" titled "new stock ideas" from last summer I posted some detailed pics of the gas system and other parts, I think they're still up. These usually go for a lot more but my oops moment coupled with the fact I really want to order a PDW upper means this little guy needs to go.

$550 shipped

Next is a Surefire weaponlight, older M951 model w/ pressure tape switch only, 6v w/ thumbscrew mount. Good, solid weapon light. I've had it for a few years (bought at a gun show in San Antonio) but have been keeping it around for a spare light, most of my stuff is Insight now. It's used and has the usual wear as hopefully seen in the pics but it still works, as seen in the pic.

I swapped the mount to an ADM throw lever mount and I will of course include the original thumbscrew mount. The ADM throwlever mount is linked here: http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=43

$150 shipped

Lastly (and to get them off of my workbench!) are nine (9) ergo grip, low profile, 5-slot rail covers, black. Brand new. These came off one of their 870 rail systems. I'd like to just send them off in one package to be done with them please. $15 shipped. SPF to Puke

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: ZM LR300 upper; Surefire weapon light; rail covers

Shot fine for me, no problems. The claims that it totally ends all powder fouling are a little exaggerated but it does run cleaner in the upper because the gas tube is always capped by the extra long gas key. I don't recall noticing much difference in the recoil, lighter or heavier, but maybe a little more a push than a slap when fired. I wanted to get a ZM for awhile, found this one at a good price but by then my XCR had become my go-to rifle so I don't shoot much of anything else. It's been sitting on the bench ever since the first and only range trip to try it out.

#6 ·
Re: ZM LR300 upper; Surefire M951 weapon light; rail covers

I have a LR300 but a newer one than pictured and I love it.
It fires really fast. Faster than a buffer tube gun.

That's what I found.

#9 ·
Re: ZM LR300 upper; Surefire M951 weapon light; rail covers

I wonder how hard it would be to SBR down to 10.5"

Easy, that was part of my big plan, 11.5". 10.5" might need a little tweek on the gas port though.

Since a standard buffer is not needed I was going to run a standard CAR stock instead of a folding stock. I was going to turn on my lathe a storage tube for cleaning gear or whatever to keep in the tube in place of the buffer.

#12 ·
Re: ZM LR300 upper; Surefire M951 weapon light PRICE DROP

Are you selling the 'Donkey Dong' that goes in the buffer tube that's for the BCG to bounce off of?

No, didn't come with it when I bought the kit. In fact, I believe this is the first time I've heard of such a thing!

#20 ·

The first thing that came to mind was the nozzle for the 5-gallon fuel cans, didn't even think about the PRCs.

#23 ·

If that surefire is still working well...still has strong lumen output and the pressure pad are in good working condition then I'll take it for the 125.00

Regards,

R

P.M. your address and other contact info.

Info sent and thank you. One step closer to PDW nirvana!

#25 ·

Silly Shooters, Is that the real name of that thing the "Donkey Dong"?
This is the buffer part that you need to use a standard M4 / A2 buttstock:

ZM Buffer plug LR-103A (Milspec and commercial variants)

Attachments

#27 ·

How much for the kitty's paw in the last picture?
Kitty was determined to not allow Puke to take custody of his rail covers. I had to rescue one from what would probably be a long purgatory under the fridge shortly after that pic. She's quick. But, no, not for sale, she's a good cat. :)

#28 ·
Re: ZM LR300 upper; Surefire 951 light LIGHT STILL AVAILABLE

OK, buyer had to back out for personal reasons so the Surefire 951 light is still available. I did add an ADM throwlever mount to it and will include the original mount of course so you can swap if you want later. The ADM mount is new, mounted a few times to try it out but I'll throw it in for $25 to sweeten the deal a little as it's a bargain with the light. Check the first page for link to ADM for mount specs.

If you don't have a tacticool light on your rifle how are you going to identify friend or foe at night or blind, then shoot, the zombies or the boogerman? Yeah, exactly, what I thought. So you should buy this one. ;D

#31 ·
glad I didn't hold you up to much.

The kid in me was saying buy it, buy it, it's only an extra 130bucks, but the adult had to explain to him that after the 500 bucks in rotors and 1200 for my new HK51 which will be ready on the 15th! I don't need to spend anymore fun money this month.

Just to let you know I was about to text you and tell you that if your having it listed as sold makes you think that you weren't going to sell it for a while then I would still honor the sale.

Thanks Tom for getting me off the hook so to speak. :0)

R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.