Trading Post Etiquette and what everyone should know - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading Post Etiquette and what everyone should know

Re: Trading Post Etiquette and what everyone should know

First and foremost THANK YOU for your service Sinker and welcome home from a fellow VN Vet.

Second and in keeping with this post I have purchased from another forum member precisely what he said he had at a price we both agree on and after sending him a USP money order received the parts in a timely manner. For the most part it seems most of the forum members are honest and treat each other as they would like to be, but it just takes a few bad apples to spoil the barrel. I agree that there should be a way that we could all be made aware if others experiences such as the rating system used by EBay and others. Most of us consider a mans word to be his bond, those that don't need to learn this important principle.

Great forum and I am not looking to make more work for the webmaster as he has put together an excellent service that we all enjoy getting into and following even if we do not post as much as some of our more eloquent forum members.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

Maybe we can start a thread called Member Endorsements and experiences and make it a Sticky.

After a transaction is complete both the buyer and seller can post their experience Positive or negative.

I think this will serve as at least a point of reference for members , I do suggest we all be to the point and brief. ;D
    Tzoid

It a good idea except when the list gets to be ten pages long no-one is going to want to read the whole thing to find out who is trustworthy.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

When in doubt about a buyer or seller ask them if they have references and let them send you the post link.

Tzoid

I've seen them on a few other forums, and I think they can work even if they get to be quite a few pages long. The secret is there needs to be a format for naming the post that makes them easy to search. Something like "Feedback (user name) A+" or what have you.

That way you can always just search for "feedback Ashraam" etc to see if there's a post for that person.

ETA- I guess this would require a separate section in the forum so each feedback would be a different thread. Maybe that's more trouble than it's worth.
    "Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

DSM

Barfcom had a decent system before they got automated with it. They had an admin whose sole job was to go through the posts; "Soandso +1", then the "master" list would be updated. You didn't have to sort through all the pages, just go to the master list of names to see their status. If it was a negative post the admin acted as a mediator and if it didn't get worked out then and only then would a neagative mark be left.

Of course people can get back on with different names and such but once again they're an unknown so buyer beware.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors