Trading Post Etiquette and what everyone should know
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trading Post Etiquette and what everyone should know

Trading Post Etiquette and what everyone should know

If you transact business in this section, be it buying, selling or trading, You are expect to act honorably and to treat the other party or parties in your transaction as you wish to be treated.

The condition of items for sale or trade should be described in an accurate and honest fashion. Problems and flaws worthy of note should not be concealed. A lie by omission is still a lie.

Parties to a transaction should agree on details of the transaction before money or merchandise changes hands.

Buyers should send payment promptly. To my mind, this means payment should be received by the seller within seven days after an agreement is struck, unless other arrangements have been made and agreed upon by both parties.

Sellers should ship merchandise promptly. To me, this means shipment within seven days after payment is received, unless other arrangements have been made and agreed upon by both parties.

Response to queries by the other party should be prompt. Responses to emails should be made within 24 hours, unless mitigating circumstances exist.
    Tzoid

Re: Trading Post Etiquette and what everyone should know

Courtesy and Common Sense are still fashionable. ;D

SheepDog :2rifle:
    When the difference between life and death is a matter of seconds, the police are only minutes away!
    (not knocking police, just gun grabbers)

You're correct Sheepdog...

Some of the things I see going on are not acceptable in other forums.
    Tzoid

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Is there a way to start a feedback system? Or would it not be to helpful due to the number of members here?

Possibility (I figure I should at least offer a suggestion/solution since I posed the question). I'm not saying these are the best ideas, just ideas.

1) Maybe just a sticked folder where we could put a +1 (like on bARF), the persons screen name and a link to the Trading Post object they purchased.

2) Have the seller edit the ad after sold to verify who it was sold to and payment received (I figure that is the end of the buyers responsibility), then buyer, then the buyer edit his "I'll take it" with a update when received. I say edit/update so it does not bump the ad. Any new buyers can search the sellers posting history in the Trading Post.

I believe that we should petition Lex to set up a system similar to "ebay's" or whatever's that will HONESTLY grade buyers and sellers on the things that matter in getting a sale done correctly, honestly, expeditiously and professionally. It would be very good if we didn't have some of the problems that we have had in the past to happen again. I know that it is always possible that a wolf in sheep's clothing gets into Our midst and runs a scam on one or some of us, BUT, when we have checks and balances in place, it makes it more difficult for the dishonest person(s) to run their scam any more than a few times......

In a perfect world a "Ebay type" rating system for buyers and sellers would be great, however Lex
    created this site because he's purchased an XCR and likes the platform. He spends his own money
    to do whatever he can to maintain it so asking him to develop something to rate buyers and sellers may be a little much.

I really don't know if it's a big deal or not but if we all remember to follow the outlined basic rules we should be good. I do think
    we should institute a 25 or 50 post minimum for anyone wanting to sell in the Trading Post. I believe that selling in the Forum should
    be reserved for those who contribute in a positive manner in the Forum. More times then not the scams and problems come from people
    who sign up for the sole purpose of ripping someone off.

:2cents:
    Tzoid

Sinker,

I read your last post 3 times and still can't figure out what you're saying.

Tzoid

You are correct Tzoid, sometimes when I am at the end of my pain meds., I have some trouble getting down on paper what my mind wants to say. I am a disabled Vet, Nam, and the meds that they have me on, sometimes impede my abilities. Sorry about the confusion. I'll try not to screw things up next time........

Sinker,

You're fine buddy.... I just thought I was feeling the effects of the 12 beers I drank the night before I was reading the post.

;D

I see you're one of the true contributors of this Forum.

T
    Tzoid

Well, thank you for that Tzoid. I don't know if you have noticed, but there are a few of us that contribute to the costs of Our Forum. I don't think that Lex should have to shoulder all the financial costs for us to have this to enjoy. You might look into it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors