Springfield M1A for sale ( Sold) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springfield M1A for sale ( Sold)

Rob

Re: Springfield M1A for sale

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this one (forgive obvious metaphor). I am looking for a .308. Was thinking about going bolt gun, as I am interested in precision shooting, but that just looks like a lot of fun for $1200.

Any idea on accuracy of this particular example of the rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by MrChem View Post
    I know this is an older thread but this fine rifle has come back home to me. The buyer (my neighbor) could not pay off the balance he owed me so I refunded what he already paid and took possesion of the rifle and accesories again. I have lowered the price to 00 to move fast. My neighbor said he did not fire the rifle so it is still in the same excellent condition.
    I'll take it MrChem if still available....Gramps96Kz

Rob,

To be honest it is not a tack driver. It has a USGI barrel with a 1/12 twist so it is more of a battle rifle. With good 147gr ammo it will shoot about 4" groups at 100 yards. It does not like cheap ammo! It really likes 168gr match FMJBT and will shoot about 2" groups at 100 yards.
    "Imagine a world in which we are all enlightened by objective truths rather than offended by them" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Gramps96kz,

It is yours if you still want it. Since PM's are not working, please give me an email address so we can exchange info.
    "Imagine a world in which we are all enlightened by objective truths rather than offended by them" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

His e Mail is

frgprnz at outdrs.net

Let me know if you still have the rifle, I would have you ship to an FFL in Maine for transfer. I have been saving for an XCR pistol that I would apply to ATF to convert to a SBR and have three M1A at present, one like yours, a full house match built for me complete with air gauged barrel and all match parts by the FT Benning AMU armorers while still on active duty and a newer SCOM16 that has been completely rehashed by Smith in Arizona and is equipped with special chamber, and twist barrel for heavy bullets fired subsonic but this was my original battle rifle and you can never have too many I guess. Contact me and lets see if we can make a deal and I will send a USPS money order so you can ship it to my FFL in Maine. My email is in my profile and is public there! Hope your kid knows that you are indeed sacrificing for him to go to college.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

Gramps96kz has first shot at it. I have yet to hear back from him. DeputyCWORet, if he does not want it, I will let you know.

I have not let my son forget what I am doing for him. Essentially, this money was already spent on tuition. Giving the refund to my neighbor has been an unexpected financial burden on our family. However, I am not going to screw my neighbor either just because he is having some financial difficulty. So that is why it is priced to move. I guess I would make a terrible banker or Wall Street executive.

Gramps96kz has first shot at it. I have yet to hear back from him.
    In another thread he posted that he was leaving town to go to his wife's family reunion. I think he said he wouldn't be back until after the holiday weekend.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Re: Springfield M1A for sale ( Sale Pending)

Did not realize there was someone ahead of me. Just keep me in mind if he is not able to get it but truth be known the last thing I "need" is another M1A or any other firearms for that matter. Have been saving for a XCR pistol as stated before but do not see them coming up very often on here. Then I get to wait for months and months while ATF reviews my application to create a SBR and make sure I dotted all the i's and crossed all the T's.

Tom thanks for the heads up I am not trying to undercut another list member!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." ~John Stuart Mill

Re: Springfield M1A for sale ( Sale Pending)

Gramps96kz has first shot at it. I have yet to hear back from him. DeputyCWORet, if he does not want it, I will let you know.

I have not let my son forget what I am doing for him. Essentially, this money was already spent on tuition. Giving the refund to my neighbor has been an unexpected financial burden on our family. However, I am not going to screw my neighbor either just because he is having some financial difficulty. So that is why it is priced to move. I guess I would make a terrible banker or Wall Street executive.
    I will take it MrChem....my PM is not working on the forum and I have not been able to contact our forum administrator to let him know.....if you would not mind emailing me I can get the info to you....back home on Monday about 4-6 am....long drive :P
    [email protected] 208-869-1616.......KermitZ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors