Buy more... you must buy more... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buy more... you must buy more...

Re: Buy more... you must buy more...

A 22lr upper would be great and excellent in the long term for sales. 308 everybodies big caliber and 7.62 Rus is also a good one. The 6.5 and 6.8 are I think a nitch market. While the 5.45 would work for right now but long term???

I have to agree A 22 barrel / bolt /black dog 30 round mag package would be great as it would be a nice option for shooting on the cheep and and as a survival game getter

The FS2000 i had was a total POS. Four trips back to the factory . That stupid little white plastic wish bone feeder broke on me twice. It had to go back for the ,,slam fire,,recall ,flash hider cracked. And the ps90 wasnt anything but an over rated 22mag. The 5.7 pistol seemed good ,but a guy at the range pulled it from his holster and it broke off that dinky little blue safety lever. The early 556 rifles looked like the 3 stooges built them ,but they have taken care of that problem ,and did it fast. The XCR seems fine ,but as you can see i am a gun snob ,i look at what i think it will be after 2k rounds ,or a couple of years . The Springfield M1A made in ILL.is a total dud ,had one of those ,sights fell apart ,gas piston was out of round and jammed ,and that wonderfull made in China flash hider ,when it goes it makes a great frog gig.I wish i had all the money back i spent on being gullable and buying someones ,,newest and greatest,,and doing the field trials for them out of my own pocket. Not that i am hard on the guns ,My FFL says my trade ins are spotless ,no scratches, and come to him cleaned. I do have to say though ,the XCR , is the most inovative ( prototype ) i have ever seen. The man who thought this up was a shooter ,the cocking handle ,the bolt release, the ejection port ,all in all it is what a carbine should be.
    Time was i rode with my Friends ,but no one is ever your Friend.
    When any man ever comes up to you and tells you to give him your gun.
    Dont talk to him ,Kill him ,if you talk, it only gives him the time to figure out how he is going to kill you.
    William Bonny

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm just waiting for the incremental improvements, such as the single stage trigger, and new stock, plus some new BUIS would be nice. Once you have that I'll probably place an order. After that I would be interested in a 22LR conversion, plus another bigger caliber like the .308.

I think you've already got a hit on your hands, you just need to deliver without lowering the quality. Once you get a few more in the field I think they will sell themselves. Heck I didn't even know what an XCR was until I started looking for a new AR, then I discovered the SIG556 and while researching that I somebody mentioned an XCR in one of the other threads on the SIB board. Once I started researching the XCR it basically sold itself.

My only recommendations are to spiff up the website, maybe show more shots of what different barrels lengths and profiles look like. On the ordering screen where you can select your different options, have the picture change to show what your gun looks like with each new option. People like to play with configurations, and the more you can let them jazz up a weapon online and offer the "Buy it now" button next to it, the more likely you will be to sell that weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    The FS2000 i had was a total POS. Four trips back to the factory . That stupid little white plastic wish bone feeder broke on me twice. It had to go back for the ,,slam fire,,recall ,flash hider cracked. And the ps90 wasnt anything but an over rated 22mag. The 5.7 pistol seemed good ,but a guy at the range pulled it from his holster and it broke off that dinky little blue safety lever. The early 556 rifles looked like the 3 stooges built them ,but they have taken care of that problem ,and did it fast. The XCR seems fine ,but as you can see i am a gun snob ,i look at what i think it will be after 2k rounds ,or a couple of years . The Springfield M1A made in ILL.is a total dud ,had one of those ,sights fell apart ,gas piston was out of round and jammed ,and that wonderfull made in China flash hider ,when it goes it makes a great frog gig.I wish i had all the money back i spent on being gullable and buying someones ,,newest and greatest,,and doing the field trials for them out of my own pocket. Not that i am hard on the guns ,My FFL says my trade ins are spotless ,no scratches, and come to him cleaned. I do have to say though ,the XCR , is the most inovative ( prototype ) i have ever seen. The man who thought this up was a shooter ,the cocking handle ,the bolt release, the ejection port ,all in all it is what a carbine should be.

An SBR PS90 is NOT an over-rated 22mag! When you have to reload after 30 rounds I have 20 more to go . I happen to like the ps90 and while I acknowledge it really is meant for full-auto I take what I can get. I do however agree with your other assessments.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    I have tryed to get people interested ,and they like the gun .But i have heard comments of wondering if a small company will be around ,parts ,field upgrades . Some who have bought the FNH 2000 ,are wondering if FN is going to do the same thing .Not that FN is going out ,but they may discontinue the rifle because of poor sales.
    Well, Robinson has been in the business for 15 years now. And I really doubt the XCR will be discontinued. for one, it sells itself. Alex is having so much fun adding all kinds of options to I doubt he'll ever let it go. We will be here for years to come. 8)
    Resident Forum Slut

But I already have 3 ;D

If you really want to sell me another, get Alex to stop milling the lightening cuts in the middle of the rails. Also make a true medium contour (.750" diameter from ahead of the chamber all the way to the muzzle) barrel. Making the rails full profile may add a little weight but it will reduce the number of steps to make an upper reciever. More importantly it will allow better support for the cross bar on LaRue mounts, and increase the number of VFG's that fit the XCR.

Sterling : you are the only PS90 owner i have seen that liked the rifle.H&K 300 with a beta mag ,will stomp the FN every time. Took the XCR out yeaterday ,mostly a sight in thing ,The Yankee Hill sights seemed to group better than the Eotech 512 .Ran about 100 rds .throught ,all went fine till the end it stove piped one useing Federal. Stll will not fire the cheaper stuff ,but seems to be getting a little better about it .It would fire a few of them ,but still not all the time on gas pos.4. Bushmaster fired anything ,all the time, I know people have had trouble with some of them but i guess i lucked out on that one . That gives me three ,H&K93,XCR ,BM,M4 . At least none of these had had to make 4 trips back to the factory ,like the FN 2000 did ,or that POS M1A.
    Dont talk to him ,Kill him ,if you talk, it only gives him the time to figure out how he is going to kill you.
    William Bonny

PHALANX-

I have no idea what an HK 300 is but it cant stomp my PS90 because I probably cant own one. I had my SBR PS90 at a regional shoot today and it is a crowd pleaser I am not saying it is an ideal weapon, I recognize it really is meant to shoot in an FA mode. However, It is accurate to approx 100 yards, ejects shell casings downward, and has no recoil.

If you are ever in North Florida, you are welcome to come shoot mine!

I had one ,green ,out of the box variaty , I think my problem wasnt so much the rifle ,but what the Brady bunch did to the round. They made FN dumb it way down . We did a Cronograph on winchester 22mag ,against the FN ,Hornady red tip V max. Same grain bullets ,and the 22 mag beat the Fn round by 80fps.The H&K 300 was sporter semi auto ,very well made and retains its value very well.Normally it had a 5 or 15 rd mag ,but betas were made for them .Police who have used the PS90 do not like that it ejects downward ,causeing them to slip on the spent cases ,thus FN came up with that bag.
    William Bonny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors