WTS: S&W M&P Stippled Backstraps - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WTS: S&W M&P Stippled Backstraps

Re: WTS: S&W M&P Stippled Backstraps

One trick I found that some stippling places use (I didn't care too much for it though) was to buy some half dome brass bolts that screw into the wood burner, squared the head off, then grind the top flat and take a and needle file and dremel (w/ cutting disc) and put a grid on the tip. I sharpened each one with the needle file so the end result was a bunch of small pyramids.

It worked okay, and might be better for smaller patterns (PMags maybe) but I prefer the bigger tips for the woodburner for a more aggressive finish.

I use something similar for Pmags. I did some Pmags for some of the Team guys here, they loved them. I can get them aggressive enough that you wont want to grab them without gloves on.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

After Christmas is over I'm gonna order a couple of back straps from you. I'd like to ask you if you use a soldering gun or wood burner to do your stippling? Is it heat adjustable? The only reason I ask is cause each stroke looks so perfect like you have the temperature adjusted perfectly. do you use any kind of special tip? Anyway....nice work and I'll be in touch

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I use a wood burner, no adjustment for the heat. I have tips that I made. They have evolved a bit since I started. Shoot me an email when you are ready to order.

Been a while since I updated this thread, I am still selling these. Just got some pink ones in to try, they turned out really nice.

I did a Crimson Trace for a customer tonight, I think it turned out great. The thing I like about doing these is the polymer is a similar consistency to the front strap so it is VERY grippy. It can easily be made too rough.

GREAT NEWS!!!

I met with a local FFL and worked out the initial stages of a plan to receive guns for doing full grip stippling. The FFL I will be working with also does amazing Cerakoting so that will be an option for guys that want a grip stipple and color change. I expect to be able to do a full 360 grip stipple for $80 and that includes shipping back to you and the fee I will pay the FFL. I will post when I am ready to accept guns but in the mean time if you are interested send me an email at [email protected] and I will put you on the contact list.

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    GREAT NEWS!!!

I met with a local FFL and worked out the initial stages of a plan to receive guns for doing full grip stippling. The FFL I will be working with also does amazing Cerakoting so that will be an option for guys that want a grip stipple and color change. I expect to be able to do a full 360 grip stipple for and that includes shipping back to you and the fee I will pay the FFL. I will post when I am ready to accept guns but in the mean time if you are interested send me an email at [email protected] and I will put you on the contact list.
    Wish I'd seen this earlier -- have been very preoccupied with work lately. A couple weeks ago I took the plunge and ordered a Colwood woodburning kit and am going to give this a try. If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, you might be pleased to hear that my first project will attempt to replicate your stippling pattern. (Thanks for the inspiration!)
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsors