Optics. What to Buy?
Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Optics. What to Buy?

Optics. What to Buy?

I just bought an XCR-L a few weeks ago, and i'm wondering what kind of sights would suit my rifle the best.
    Does anyone who has Optics/Scope etc. on their XCR have some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Quixtarblade View Post
    I just bought an XCR-L a few weeks ago, and i'm wondering what kind of sights would suit my rifle the best.
    Does anyone who has Optics/Scope etc. on their XCR have some ideas?
    I run an eotech with a 3x flip to side magnifier I have tried scopes but always go back to the eotech

Very subjective question. I would suggest looking through the XCR pictures thread and take a peek into some of the threads in the Scopes and Sights board. Personally I tend to want to go lighter and less expensive these days than I did when I first got my XCR. There are a Lot more choices out there than even 2 years ago. Also consider what you intend to use the optics for, hunting, target, practical matches, on the job and so on.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

What do you plan to use it for?
    The above text may or may not represent the views of the XCR Forum, LurpyGeek, or various personalities contained therein. May not be reproduced without the express written consent of Major League Baseball. Keep out of reach of children. Consult a doctor before reading. May cause drowsiness, itching, apathy and vomiting. Do not resume sexual activity while operating heavy machinery. Thank you and good day.

I run a Millet DMS 1-4X and love the thing, I use this scope on several rifles. The wife runs an Eotech with a 3x magnifier from Vortex and it is a pretty sweet set up. It is hard to beat the price and quality of the Millet at about $210. I also have an leupold ar mk1.5-4x and I don't like it half as much as my Millet. I also have a Valdada fixed 4x with a BDC and that is a sweet scope with superb glass.

I bought an ACOG TA-31. I liked the fiber optics, and the glass is amazing, however, if your eyes are aging like mine, the reticle can be a little challenging for quick aquisition.
    kree

Quote Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
    I run an eotech with a 3x flip to side magnifier I have tried scopes but always go back to the eotech
    I've been looking at exactly that type actually. Eotech flip to side, just for the versatility and ease of 25-50yds to 100-500yds in a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by LurpyGeek View Post
    What do you plan to use it for?
    Just target shooting, paper and steel targets. But i'd like it to be versatile, if i needed to hunt with it or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Very subjective question. I would suggest looking through the XCR pictures thread and take a peek into some of the threads in the Scopes and Sights board. Personally I tend to want to go lighter and less expensive these days than I did when I first got my XCR. There are a Lot more choices out there than even 2 years ago. Also consider what you intend to use the optics for, hunting, target, practical matches, on the job and so on.
    I'll definitely take a look at some pics on here and see what i like. Im leaning towards the Eotech or ACOG, but yeah they're a pretty large investment. Im sure there are some other good, less expensive options too.

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    I run a Millet DMS 1-4X and love the thing, I use this scope on several rifles. The wife runs an Eotech with a 3x magnifier from Vortex and it is a pretty sweet set up. It is hard to beat the price and quality of the Millet at about $210. I also have an leupold ar mk1.5-4x and I don't like it half as much as my Millet. I also have a Valdada fixed 4x with a BDC and that is a sweet scope with superb glass.
    Never heard of "Millet" I'll take a look at them. Im sure its much less expensive than a vortex magnifier and an Eotech I'd have to save up for months to think about getting an Eotech.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors