"reflex sight" vs. true holo sight? - Page 4
Like Tree17Likes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "reflex sight" vs. true holo sight?

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    At $100 savings per thousand, it wouldn't take long to finance a new barrel.
    Good point....but availability is an issue as is (in the case of my SBR bbls) reliability. If RA could just produce a quality chamber on a regular basis....that would help a ton. I tend to shoot my SBRs with a higher volume of fire and at a faster pace for the simple reason that when I take people shooting (I rarely go by myself)...they always want to shoot the SBRs. That means it's more economical to use the bi-metal bullets and steel cased ammo....but then it wears the bbls faster. Kind of a catch 22.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    But for energy on target out to "carbine realistic ranges", I do like the ACOGs. And yeah, 600 is carbine realistic in my book.
    I agree. I don't know how much energy is still left in a 55g or even a 62g bullet at that distance, but I know I wouldn't want to be shot at any distance.
    ““The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.””

- Carlos Castenada

Any of you ever thought about casting lead bullets then powder coating them? I've talked a few who are doing this with very good success at rifle velocities and no barrel wear or leading.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bgreed View Post
    Any of you ever thought about casting lead bullets then powder coating them? I've talked a few who are doing this with very good success at rifle velocities and no barrel wear or leading.
    Since I don't even have time to reload, that process seems awfully complicated.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

ere is a CRITICAL difference that has not been mentioned here so far: A holosight be it the Bushnell or the EOTech uses a battery whereas a "reflex" sight does NOT. Use a battery and count on it failing when Mr. Murphy shows up at the worst moment. I personally loved my MeproLight reflex when I had it on my Bushmaster M17S "Bullpup" and I regret selling it with the gun! I also like the ACOG for the same reason. Tritium for low light and light gathering intensification in daytime. I'm just not sure what magnification to go with on an AR or M1A platform. THAT of course is highly dependent on the role in which it will be employed. If CQB then obviously no magnification or at most 1.5X but if more of a distance optic then perhaps a 3X or a 4X. Decisions, decisions....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsors