One piece mount? - Page 2
Like Tree5Likes
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One piece mount?

On a 2-10X42mm, 42mm is the diameter of the objective lens.
    What I need is the outside diameter of the scope body, which by definition HAS to be larger than the lens diameter.
    The thing is, without knowing your exact scope model - or getting the measurement - I can't say.
    If you've got dial calipers, that'd be the best way to measure IMO.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

sorry bout that. Outside measures 50 mm or 1 15/16 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianmac65 View Post
    I'm mounting a Zeiss2x10x42 scope on my XCR-l keymod and would like a one piece qd mount.
    I'm going to make an assumption here (because I don't have a keymod XCR), that your objective is actually going to be in front of the rail, right? In other words, if the rail you're mounting your base on, isn't carried all the way forward. That should make a big difference!

The numbers show that you need a mount just under 1", 0.990 is what I'd go specifically. That means you'd need one taller than the LT719 LaRue Tactical Ultra-Low Mount Rings QD, LT719 | LaRue Tactical but shorter than the RAS II LaRue Tactical Comp M2 RAS II Mount QD LT152 | LaRue Tactical

In this case, the ADM might work for you - IIRC, all of theirs are at 1.100".

HOWEVER, if your objective will clear the handguard at a level lower than the rail, I'd rethink using the 0.990 height. FWIW, I run that RAS II (2 of them actually) with a scope on a regular railed XCR-M. I need to raise the cheek weld to mate up with the height of the optic - NOT optimal. That's why I'm looking at dropping the rings another notch, and using those LT719's.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

One piece mount?-image.jpgOne piece mount?-image.jpgOne piece mount?-image.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    I'm going to make an assumption here (because I don't have a keymod XCR), that your objective is actually going to be in front of the rail, right? In other words, if the rail you're mounting your base on, isn't carried all the way forward. That should make a big difference!

The numbers show that you need a mount just under 1", 0.990 is what I'd go specifically. That means you'd need one taller than the LT719 LaRue Tactical Ultra-Low Mount Rings QD, LT719 | LaRue Tactical but shorter than the RAS II LaRue Tactical Comp M2 RAS II Mount QD LT152 | LaRue Tactical

In this case, the ADM might work for you - IIRC, all of theirs are at 1.100".

HOWEVER, if your objective will clear the handguard at a level lower than the rail, I'd rethink using the 0.990 height. FWIW, I run that RAS II (2 of them actually) with a scope on a regular railed XCR-M. I need to raise the cheek weld to mate up with the height of the optic - NOT optimal. That's why I'm looking at dropping the rings another notch, and using those LT719's.
    here she is without scope and with a leupold , mounted with vortex rings, when I had the scope on I had to remove the 3/4 Cheek rise. It's a 33 mm scope so I'd say the outside measures approx 42 mm
    Last edited by Brianmac65; 11-24-2014 at 08:51 AM.

On the keymods, I believe the top rail is still a full one. Of course, one could always mill part of it off, similar to the POF "hunter" rails.
    Sean K. likes this.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Brian, given your setup, you may want to consider 45-degree offsets rather than flip-ups. Will allow for a lower scope mount. I'm home (having taken leave for firearms deer season), so I'll try to take and post pics later.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by wombat338 View Post
    Brian, given your setup, you may want to consider 45-degree offsets rather than flip-ups. Will allow for a lower scope mount. I'm home (having taken leave for firearms deer season), so I'll try to take and post pics later.
    any lower won't work as I had to remove the cheek riser to use this scope. As the new scope is bigger I'm thinking I can't get much lower so my only option is a little higher and I can then use the cheek riser if need be. I guess I could remove the sights, and use the same size mounts that are on there now, as the new scope is about 8 mm bigger in diameter .

Gotcha!
    As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words ;-)
    Since the rail goes all the way forward, just like Wombat said, you'd need something close to 0.990 if you're going to run the scope as low as possible. That means you can get rid of the 3/4" riser too - might be able to get rid of it completely, or at least go with a 1/4" riser. Just depends on your facial structure. I run a 1/4" riser on the 1.2" RAS II, so I'd probably go "no riser" on a 0.990" ring and call it close enough to perfect for me.

And like Wombat said, you might want to look into going with a 45 offset on your BUIS. Elsewise fitting that rear under the occular will probably be about impossible - if you set the scope forward enough that the rear BUIS is usable, then you'd almost certainly be outside your optical box on the scope. Not to mention you'd have to remove the scope to use the BUIS anyways (that's why I like QD rings).

If you run your BUIS on a 45 though - or a RMR on a 45 - then you could look at non-QD rings, and have more of a selection in height too.

JMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Gotcha!
    As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words ;-)
    Since the rail goes all the way forward, just like Wombat said, you'd need something close to 0.990 if you're going to run the scope as low as possible. That means you can get rid of the 3/4" riser too - might be able to get rid of it completely, or at least go with a 1/4" riser. Just depends on your facial structure. I run a 1/4" riser on the 1.2" RAS II, so I'd probably go "no riser" on a 0.990" ring and call it close enough to perfect for me.

And like Wombat said, you might want to look into going with a 45 offset on your BUIS. Elsewise fitting that rear under the occular will probably be about impossible - if you set the scope forward enough that the rear BUIS is usable, then you'd almost certainly be outside your optical box on the scope. Not to mention you'd have to remove the scope to use the BUIS anyways (that's why I like QD rings).

If you run your BUIS on a 45 though - or a RMR on a 45 - then you could look at non-QD rings, and have more of a selection in height too.

JMHO!
    the riser was only added for pics, I had to remove it to get agood cheek weld, so going any lower is not an option for me, if I go any lower , I'll have a temple weld . If I remove the open sights , I should be able to use the same height mount as what's on there in the pic , as my new scope is bigger , the buis will be in the way. Now if I can get a mount that is a 1/4 inch higher , I could leave the open sights on. I like the idea of the open sights in case the scope craps out, other than that the scope won't come off. So I really like the ADM mount, but will it work for me? On a off topic, do the Itar crap apply to used stuff , like buis, mounts, stocks etc. for example if I see something in the trading post, can I buy it without any hassle? Oh and thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by Brianmac65; 11-24-2014 at 10:22 AM.

OK, here are my 45-degree offsets. An added benefit is you don't have to remove the scope to use them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One piece mount?-photo-1.jpg   One piece mount?-photo-2.jpg   One piece mount?-photo-3.jpg   One piece mount?-photo-4.jpg   One piece mount?-photo-5.jpg  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors