One piece mount? - Page 3
Like Tree5Likes
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One piece mount?

Part 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One piece mount?-photo-6.jpg   One piece mount?-photo-7.jpg  
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

So I could get a 1.100 adm and that could work?

You'll need to do the math, but I just measured with my digital calipers and the sight extends 0.1925" (4.89mm) above the top of the rail. No extra clearance is needed to mount, since you can just slide the screw through the appropriate rail section from the side. These ones are the Dueck Defense Rapid Transition Sights.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod41357.aspx
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Wombat, that's a sexy bitch!

Brianmac, you'll need to look at your occular housing diameter, take half of that off of your ADM mount (1.100" IIRC) and see if your BUIS height is less than that. No sweat.

I'm thinking that - these are relative numbers - if I dropped my optics the 0.325" going from the RAS II (1.200) to the LT719 (0.875), then I could drop my FAST stock another 0.5" (lowest setting), raise my cheek piece 0.25" (higher setting) and I'd be at +0.075 RELATIVELY as I was before.

Since the occular diameter on my scope is 1.63", the 0.875" LT719 would put the occular housing 0.06" off the rail (about 5 business card thicknesses). That's as good as I'm gonna get, I do believe.

I'm sure you get the math, just doing that as an example..... If you're going to run an offset BUIS at the rear, remember that it has a eye relief distance that is optimal too, just like a scope.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat338 View Post
    Part 2
    I'll post a pic tonight without the riser, you'll see how much below the rail the stock is . Where your stock is level with your rail.

One piece mount?-image.jpgOne piece mount?-image.jpgMy stock sits 1 inch below my rail, the mounts I used on the 33 mm leupold were 5/8 high. So I could get a 5/8 high mount and remove the buis , as the new scope may be a bit bigger .( I'm not sure if the eyepiece is bigger or not. Don't have either scope here right now.) or I could get a 1 inch high mount, keep the buis on and use the cheek riser , I like this option but do any body see a problem with this? I reaaaly like the ADM mounts , just not sure which one to get. I was looking at 2 mounts 1 was $190 the other was $230 , but I don't know why. Here's a pic without the riser and of the mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Wombat, that's a sexy bitch!
    Thanks Bravo! This is GROUNDHOGSBANE, my "pretty" XCR -- I use her more for weekend shoots with neighbors, and varmint control. I went with a full 18.6" bbl, in 1-9 twist, so she's a fairly good shooter. And the barrel did turn out nicely -- I had the folks at ADCO flute it, and then had it Cerakoted to match the rifle, along with a few other things. My other XCR rifle, HOG HAMMER, isn't as much to look at, but she wears an Elcan SpecterDR and stays loaded with 29 rounds of 7.62x39 in a quick access bedroom gun safe.
    Bravo likes this.

Thanks Bravo! This is GROUNDHOGSBANE, my "pretty" XCR -- I use her more for weekend shoots with neighbors, and varmint control. I went with a full 18.6" bbl, in 1-9 twist, so she's a fairly good shooter. And the barrel did turn out nicely -- I had the folks at ADCO flute it, and then had it Cerakoted to match the rifle, along with a few other things. My other XCR rifle, HOG HAMMER, isn't as much to look at, but she wears an Elcan SpecterDR and stays loaded with 29 rounds of 7.62x39 in a quick access bedroom gun safe.
    That is a ,awesome barrel,is it the HB that came with the gun? What kind of accuracy do you get with it?

Yup, that's the HBAR that came with the gun. I don't know whether you folks up North can send stuff to the U.S. for work, but ADCO has a very professional and efficient operation -- they do a high volume business and the quality is top notch. I even sent a couple XCR HBARs to them (5.56 and 7.62x39) to cut down to about 8.375" -- with an XCR pistol barrel to use as a template, they perfectly relocated the gas port and shoulder for the gas block.

As for accuracy, I hate to talk group size and haven't shot for groups in quite a while, but it's my most accurate XCR bbl and does a great job on groundhogs and squirrels out to 200 yds or so.

Yup, that's the HBAR that came with the gun. I don't know whether you folks up North can send stuff to the U.S. for work, but ADCO has a very professional and efficient operation -- they do a high volume business and the quality is top notch. I even sent a couple XCR HBARs to them (5.56 and 7.62x39) to cut down to about 8.375" -- with an XCR pistol barrel to use as a template, they perfectly relocated the gas port and shoulder for the gas block.

As for accuracy, I hate to talk group size and haven't shot for groups in quite a while, but it's my most accurate XCR bbl and does a great job on groundhogs and squirrels out to 200 yds or so.
    have heard about ADCO, not sure what's involved to send a barrel across the border. I'd have to guess , it's a pita . I've been getting good accuracy with the 53 g hornady superformance .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors