Best quick detach mount for Millett Zoom Dot on XCR co witness MI BUIS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best quick detach mount for Millett Zoom Dot on XCR co witness MI BUIS

Best quick detach mount for Millett Zoom Dot on XCR co witness MI BUIS

What is a good choice of quick detach mount for co-witness of Millett Zoom-Dot with MI BUIS on the XCR? I thought I read a LaRue LT-123 somewhere, but was wondering if that is correct, and also if there are decent alternatives a little less expensive (Accumount?). I know LaRue makes good stuff.

Thanks.
    The higher, the fewer.

Thanks to all that serve, or have served. You're the best!

DSM

Re: Best quick detach mount for Millett Zoom Dot on XCR co witness MI BUIS

ARMS mounts are "OK" but if you really use their QD a lot it'll loosen a little faster up over time. If cost is a concern consider a QD picatinny base and a standard scope ring.

Personally speaking I'm too poor to buy cheap stuff. Get what you know will work and you'll always be happy with it.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by m118sb View Post
    ARMS mounts are "OK" but if you really use their QD a lot it'll loosen a little faster up over time.
    And they'll go out when you least expect it. I took my scope - mounted with the ARMS 22L rings - off two or three times a year. The rings lasted several years, up until a week before the advanced sniper course.

I can guarantee that the LAST thing you want to see at that time is that your rings have gone out (after all, who suspects the rings?!?! Scope, yeah. Base, yeah. Rings? HA!. If I hadn't been warned mine would go, I wouldn't have gotten to them in the troubleshooting thing until MUCH too late.

The ring parts are GREAT, tough steel. The base parts are aluminum, and the rings are held to the base with a steel roll pin. Something that focuses all the recoil to the rollpin to wallow out the hole in the aluminum.

I sent the rings back to ARMS, and they agreed they were "worn out". The "fix" wasn't all that acceptable to me.

At what used to be called SOTIC, they have a big sack full of broken ARMS rings......

I buy LaRue now. Haven't worn one out yet.......
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I run the Larue LT 123's and they give a direct co witness. If you don't plan on running a magnifier, then they may not be the best choice as they only come in a pair.

I've taken mine on and off many times and no change in zero.

Larue has huge following, and they should, they have proven themselves and is considered among the best. But I like American Defense myself, looks way better and it has an adjustment in case you wear down your rails, or if the rails are out of spec.

DSM

EricCartmann, rockin' the SuperSASS! Super sweet! Here's a pic of my buddy slingin' some lead out of mine (repost)...

ARMS #22 on mine for right now. Knesek threw them in when I ordered the rifle. I'm going to shoot these until they fall off and then go with a LaRue unitized ring base.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

He is shooting with the wrong hand I really need to get me one of those Super SASS rifles, I hear they shoot real well.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by m118sb View Post
    EricCartmann, rockin' the SuperSASS! Super sweet! Here's a pic of my buddy slingin' some lead out of mine (repost)...

ARMS #22 on mine for right now. Knesek threw them in when I ordered the rifle. I'm going to shoot these until they fall off and then go with a LaRue unitized ring base.
    very nice M118! I also bought my SuperSASS from Kneseks. Big thumbs up to him.

Here are some pics of me with my SuperSASS at the range

Zero'ing and shooting for groups

20mph crosswinds that were inconsistent that day, but I was also rusty and the winds bugged me more than the bullets, I am sure of it. Regardless, this is what the SuperSASS can do at 100 yards with 10 shots even with a bad shooter

Shooting prone at metal gongs (200-900 yards)

Nice rifle, nice grouping and nice range. Where is that? Out in Vegas?

DSM

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    He is shooting with the wrong hand I really need to get me one of those Super SASS rifles, I hear they shoot real well.
    Same thing I tell him every time we shoot!

Can't check pics at work, will take a look at the house!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors