Bridging the Upper Receiver Rail and the Handguard Rail on an AR? - Page 2
Like Tree4Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bridging the Upper Receiver Rail and the Handguard Rail on an AR?

If you want to keep it light, and don't need a QR mount, highly recommend the Aero Precision Ultralight mounts. They are normally 80-ish but I've seen them under $70 on sale.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    If you want to keep it light, and don't need a QR mount, highly recommend the Aero Precision Ultralight mounts. They are normally 80-ish but I've seen them under $70 on sale.

I was actually thinking about going with a non-QD mount and run the 45º XS sights to try and shed as much weight as possible.

Any vendors you normally buy from for the Aero Precision? I've honestly always just bought QDs for everything from LaRue or GG&G or ADM direct (when they were the only ones with a 35mm option for an IOR scope).

I just checked a few places....and Aero's site. They don't list the height of the center of the mount though. Got an email in now to try and figure that out. Looks like they only offer one height and I'm guessing it's going to be standard 1.5"ish for ARs. I'm trying to go a lot lower (around 1") so I may just settle for a set of low rings.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Primary Arms stocks it. I have one on my SCAR 17. Liked it so much I bought one for a buddy's AR, and told him to ditch his Burris PEPR. Wouldn't mind getting more to replace the ADM QD mounts I have on other rifles, but that'd mean re-zeroing (and I hate doing that).

They are available in various amounts of cantilever, also in FDE too. I used to buy nothing but QDs too, but then realized I don't really swap optics (because zero).

According to slickguns.com this place has a 20% off sale on them. https://www.slickguns.com/product/25...w-5999-coupon-

If you decide to get rings, TPS rings are very nice. Though I've never seen deals on them. Probably have strict price control with distributors and retailers. Midway carries it.
    Last edited by fmunk; 01-13-2016 at 09:42 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

If we're now talking about non-QD rings, I'll give a recommendation for my homie.....
    Badger Ord is good stuff, and their lightweight alloy rings are pretty danged light for something that solid.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

After measuring very closely (thanks to PA having a very good drawing of their scope) there's no way to run this optic any way but in a cantilever mount if you want the "rings" on the receiver....unless you want the eyepiece almost touching your eye socket.

Looks like I'm stuck going high if I'm going to run the PA 1-6X....LaRue LT158.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Or you could always spend more money, and go with a different upper arrangement.
    C'mon. You know you want to.
    Give in to the dark-and-spendy side!
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Or you could always spend more money, and go with a different upper arrangement.
    C'mon. You know you want to.
    Give in to the dark-and-spendy side!

Nope. I really like this upper.
    Bravo likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors