Primary Arms Red dot - Page 2
Like Tree38Likes
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms Red dot

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Also seems looking, that the Holosun also keeps the battery under the unit (doing away with the battery compartment on the side of the unit) which for some reason, I don't like.

I believe I have the unit you posting a link to is sitting on a Ruger Mark 3. Personally, this new unit I like a lot better, as the red dot seems to be a lot brighter if need be. Seems the battery on the unit doesn't last as long to boot (but that's part of my own fault no doubt for forgetting to turn the unit off before putting it away).
    The one I linked to is the OLD school one....it doesn't have good battery life and is like half the price. The only thing I like about it is the battery compartment location and a dial with detents for the brightness settings. I wish they'd make the new ones with the 5 year battery life with the dial and side mount battery instead of the +/- buttons.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Talk about the irony...

Out today with my one boy...

This is with the unit turned OFF.

Attachment 9426

A closer look

Attachment 9427

Only a issue in daylight. Reflection.

Thing is, when the unit is on, it's like you have two bright dots you're looking at, which is very distracting and you have more "red reflected light" to deal with (again, only in light, I go under the deck where there is overhead light from the sun, and no issues).

Don't seem to have this issue with my less expensive PA's red dot, and I don't think I'm out of line by not liking what I'm now getting what I paid for.

Hope I don't have to contact the seller for a copy of my invoice as I most likely threw it away.

I'll send them off a e-mail with pics and see what they say….
    If you got it from Primary Arms...they're usually pretty good in terms of service. But ya...that sux. Keep us posted on what they say.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    I don't believe he did....
    After that one failed - and he gave it to me to verify that it was a bad optic, which I did - he bought an Aimpoint PRO. And I should mention that a PRO on sale is about 100 bucks more than he spent on that Holosun.

When I was at SHOT, I talked to the Holosun people about this failure, and eventually they handed me off to a VP who gave me his card and said he'd take care of it personally if I got him to send it in.
    He said that the warranty was for 1 year, although they typically "take care of" units after that. Whatever that means. My buddy was within the 1 year mark, and I sent him the contact info and everything.
    I just don't think he ever put in the effort to find the broken optic and send it in.

On dot optics, Aimpoint is my "go to" manufacturer. It's the only manufacturer that I've ever owned (at least that I can recall) that I haven't broken at least one. Heck, as much as I like Trijicon, I've got one that UPS says will be back home on Monday - after getting worked over - and one still in my pile of parts, because it's non-functional. I may just sell it, and put an Aimpoint T1 or T2 on the same type 45 degree mount, if I'm not utterly impressed with the repair / refurb. Granted, I'll likely have to cought up a couple hundred to make that transition......
    Ya, the Holosun's are like $230 for their "top of the line" model, I think. The PA I'm looking at is $160. The problem with the Aimpoint PRO on an AK is it's too tall by the time you mount it. I need something T1 size on an AK with the factory picatinny rail mount to get the right cheekweld.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    If you got it from Primary Arms...they're usually pretty good in terms of service. But ya...that sux. Keep us posted on what they say.
    Sent them off the e-mail tonight. Luckily ordered it off of gunbroker from a vendor, so I have the receipt electronically.

Thing is, me and the boy only went through 100 rounds, and first couple of mags, no problem (same position on the hill, shooting downhill, sun behind us). Then after the thrid mag, I was like "what's this?" Issue just popped up. At first I though it might of been my old eyes, but the confirmed he was getting the same thing.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Weird. Hope they get you a new, working one quick.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    That new red dot looks interesting. About 15 minutes in....they're working on a 1-8X....close in price to the 1-6X.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 04-09-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    So B. hurry up and field test the Shield for us. I can't wait for mjorin, he seems to be ignoring us telling him to get one. Attachment 9429
    I'd love to! Who knows, maybe I'll wind up with one someday. But for me, since I just happen to have a couple of LaRue RAS II mounts setting around unused, it'd be more likely that I pick up a couple of cheap Aimpoint PROs, and call it done. Have the cool bases that hold the batteries started coming in yet?

Ya, the Holosun's are like $230 for their "top of the line" model, I think. The PA I'm looking at is $160. The problem with the Aimpoint PRO on an AK is it's too tall by the time you mount it. I need something T1 size on an AK with the factory picatinny rail mount to get the right cheekweld.
    Can't argue with you there. I did put an Aimpoint M2 on a Ultimak rail once..... Like you said, it sets a bit too high, even with the shortest ring I could find. And the T1 / T2 are for sure in a whole 'nuther price bracket!
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

I've got a Aimpoint micro on an ultimak rail via AK. It's held up like a champ. Thing is, that rail can get cooking hot if you run through some rounds. Just wonder how a lesser expensive red dot would hold up to the heat.

On a sidenote, didn't get it from Primary arms, but not sure what that has to do with it.

If it's a primary arms optic, it came from Primary arms through a vendor of theirs, and it's their (Primary Arms) product.

Even if I did have to go through a secondary vendor, they would still have to deal with the same company (Primary Arms) I'd have to deal with, correct?

I never bought a Aimpoint directly through Aimpoint...

I've got a Aimpoint micro on an ultimak rail via AK. It's held up like a champ. Thing is, that rail can get cooking hot if you run through some rounds. Just wonder how a lesser expensive red dot would hold up to the heat.
    And that's the exact reason I shyed away from putting something like an RMR on it. Figured it'd fry.....
    Maybe not, but I didn't feel like chancing it.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors