Primary Arms Red dot - Page 3
Like Tree38Likes
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 87

Thread: Primary Arms Red dot

  1. #21
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    On a sidenote, didn't get it from Primary arms, but not sure what that has to do with it.

    If it's a primary arms optic, it came from Primary arms through a vendor of theirs, and it's their (Primary Arms) product.

    Even if I did have to go through a secondary vendor, they would still have to deal with the same company (Primary Arms) I'd have to deal with, correct?

    I never bought a Aimpoint directly through Aimpoint...
    I didn't know that PA sold anything through secondary vendors....I've seen their stuff on auction sites like eBay and Gunbroker....but if they aren't authorized dealers, it would probably depend on that vendor's policy as to how returns are handled.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  2. #22
    XCR Guru Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I didn't know that PA sold anything through secondary vendors....I've seen their stuff on auction sites like eBay and Gunbroker....but if they aren't authorized dealers, it would probably depend on that vendor's policy as to how returns are handled.
    Picked it up from a "vendor" that had more than one in stock on gunbroker (business name implied gun related products, as well as the business name on the invoice). Bought the product NIB unused.

    Ultimately, if push came to shove, Primary arms should have something listed pertaining to "secondary vendors" in thier written warranty, which looking at it right now, doesn't mention anything about where you bought their product from.

    Looking at the actual unit and the box it came it, compared to the invoice, there looks to be a serial number associated with the unit. Worst case, IMO it would be Primary Arms responsibility to trace the unit's point of origin per retail sale and then deal with distribution if they have an issue on how I purchased it (after they take care my issue).

    As a consumer, I believe my expectactions aren't that high, just would like this unit replaced due to the circumstances with the unit, which I went out of my way to document so I don't come across as a crazed lunatic LOL

    Worst case, it's nothing but a good business practice due to the circumstances to just take care of the issue first since there is something apparently very wrong with the red dot which was sold as new in the box.
    Last edited by Sig; 04-10-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

  3. #23
    XCR Guru Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    I'd love to! Who knows, maybe I'll wind up with one someday. But for me, since I just happen to have a couple of LaRue RAS II mounts setting around unused, it'd be more likely that I pick up a couple of cheap Aimpoint PROs, and call it done. Have the cool bases that hold the batteries started coming in yet?
    Nothing about the bases that use the 123A batteries yet and the CS rep from Brownells wasn't too helpful either. These are the couple of concerns I have, even if Brownells offer Lifetime Any Reason Warranty; Not Made in the USA, Unknown Long Term Reliability and Cost.

    "Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    XCR Guru mjorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,470
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    So B. hurry up and field test the Shield for us. I can't wait for mjorin, he seems to be ignoring us telling him to get one. Attachment 9429
    I had to pay taxes, give me a little time.
    Merlin and Bravo like this.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

  6. #25
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Picked it up from a "vendor" that had more than one in stock on gunbroker (business name implied gun related products, as well as the business name on the invoice). Bought the product NIB unused.

    Ultimately, if push came to shove, Primary arms should have something listed pertaining to "secondary vendors" in thier written warranty, which looking at it right now, doesn't mention anything about where you bought their product from.

    Looking at the actual unit and the box it came it, compared to the invoice, there looks to be a serial number associated with the unit. Worst case, IMO it would be Primary Arms responsibility to trace the unit's point of origin per retail sale and then deal with distribution if they have an issue on how I purchased it (after they take care my issue).

    As a consumer, I believe my expectactions aren't that high, just would like this unit replaced due to the circumstances with the unit, which I went out of my way to document so I don't come across as a crazed lunatic LOL

    Worst case, it's nothing but a good business practice due to the circumstances to just take care of the issue first since there is something apparently very wrong with the red dot which was sold as new in the box.
    Calm down....I'm betting PA will take care of you....I'm just saying that some of these "resellers" are not affiliated with PA and their specific policy may not be that great. Further, if say, I bought the red dot as a "gun shop" and resold it to you....then you *could* be considered the second owner. I doubt this is how PA will see it....but if it's an unauthorized dealer reselling their product, they technically could.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  7. #26
    XCR Guru Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Calm down....I'm betting PA will take care of you....I'm just saying that some of these "resellers" are not affiliated with PA and their specific policy may not be that great. Further, if say, I bought the red dot as a "gun shop" and resold it to you....then you *could* be considered the second owner. I doubt this is how PA will see it....but if it's an unauthorized dealer reselling their product, they technically could.
    I'm calm, just the written word.

    If a business sold it to me and should not have, and there is a issue, I expect PA to take that issue up with the reseller, not myself.

    I wholeheartedly expect PA to resolve the issue to my satisfaction.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

  8. #27
    XCR Guru fmunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kahleefonia
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    That new red dot looks interesting. About 15 minutes in....they're working on a 1-8X....close in price to the 1-6X.
    Would be nice if the 1-8x was FFP though.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

  9. #28
    XCR Guru Bravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,533
    Yeah, after going FFP, I don't ever see me being all that happy with SFP.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

  10. #29
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,334
    Unfortunately though...FFP is going to be 2-3X the cost.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  11. #30
    XCR Guru Bravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Unfortunately though...FFP is going to be 2-3X the cost.
    Can't argue that - but I've also been one to "buy optics in installments" though.
    As in I buy what I can afford today, and after another 6 months to a year, sell it (throwing in more money) and buy another.
    Lather, rinse, repeat, and eventually I get something I stick with lol!
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. BTW: 20% Off Geissele Triggers At Primary Arms....
    By Sean K. in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2016, 04:01 PM
  2. WTB: Primary Arms Micro Dot
    By Zog117 in forum Trading Post
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 04:07 PM
  3. Primary Arms Coupon?
    By Merlin in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 04:48 PM
  4. Primary Arms back in Stock
    By aziator in forum Sights
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 07:36 PM
  5. Primary Arms M3 clone
    By MrChem in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 04:53 AM

Search tags for this page

primary arms md-rbgii

,

rms sight rmr pattern screw

Click on a term to search for related topics.