Absolute co-witness Troy Micros and an Aimpoint CompM4 or Pro? - Page 2
Like Tree1Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Absolute co-witness Troy Micros and an Aimpoint CompM4 or Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    On mine....I "felt" like it was absolute...but honestly, I'm not sure. I just zero'd the irons...then put the dot on top of the front post (looking through the rear small aperture)....and it was all on target. To me, it seems maybe slightly lower than absolute, but not 1/3.

I get the price difference....money's tight for people....but "what are your principles worth?"...is the real question. Try Amazon......I've seen the Troy micros there for $158 shipped at times.

Good luck with it.
    I'll have to look around a little bit...from what I can tell Troy makes the best setup that includes a long range and low light rear sight, metal parts, in a micro form factor for folks like us with tall rifles. Sucks that Troy are such morons in the public relations arena.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    The QRP mount (comes with the PRO) with the spacer removed will co witness with the Troy height sights. That would be the cheapest route but I'm not a fan of the big knob on the QRP.

ADM offers their quick release mount in a "low" profile that works as well and the pricing is reasonable. I think Midwest Ind just released some mounts with similar features and pricing. The ADM low mount puts the optical axis 1.1" over the rail which lines up pretty well with the micros.

I've been happy with the ADMs. Because of that I've not looked at some of the other options.
    Thanks for the tip...just checked out the ADM mounts and they look pretty good, even on the CompM4...which is probably still too tall but it sure looked good in the picture.

ADM with a Pro is probably a good bet...or LaRue...will come down to price I'm sure.

I've got a new set of troys, black for $150 shipped, if you're interested. Still in the package. Never found a rifle that I had to put them on.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I've got a new set of troys, black for $150 shipped, if you're interested. Still in the package. Never found a rifle that I had to put them on.
    Assuming these are micros?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Yes they are.
    Sean K. likes this.

GLWS...that's a great price.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors