Absolute co-witness Troy Micros and an Aimpoint CompM4 or Pro?
Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absolute co-witness Troy Micros and an Aimpoint CompM4 or Pro?

Question Absolute co-witness Troy Micros and an Aimpoint CompM4 or Pro?

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed down my BUIS choice to Troy micros. Next is an optic...I like that the CompM4 uses AA's but the Pro wins for cost and similar performance specs aside from the battery option.

That aside, what is the co-witness for these with Troy stubbies? 1/3 would be acceptable, absolute would be preferred...but I'm not sure there is a mount in existence that can actually seat these two optics low enough for absolute co-witness with the stubbies.

My intended platform is a standard XCR-L with an ACR stock.

Haven't seen a definitive answer to this yet...apologies if I missed it as I did do some searching.

LaRue RAS II.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Oh, and you might want to join the boycott of Troy.... https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/28-pol...s-brewing.html

Diamond Head has micros as well....but they are generally more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    LaRue RAS II.
    I didn't think the RAS II was an option here...looks like it might works for the Pro? LaRue links are blocked at work unfortunately...

As for the boycott...seems this drama has been brewing for 3+ years. No closure on it yet from Troy? I don't want a diamond ghost ring, and I want all metal parts...so that rules out Diamondhead and MBUS for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I didn't think the RAS II was an option here...looks like it might works for the Pro? LaRue links are blocked at work unfortunately...

As for the boycott...seems this drama has been brewing for 3+ years. No closure on it yet from Troy? I don't want a diamond ghost ring, and I want all metal parts...so that rules out Diamondhead and MBUS for me.
    Works for the PRO....not the M4.

No closure from Troy.....they basically said fuck off.

Diamond Head makes all metal versions. Don't know what you mean by "ghost ring"....unless you mean you want M4 style post, not an HK style on the Troy. The DH is < > shaped. Troy's "dioptic" line has a similar diamond rear aperture.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 04-19-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Works for the PRO....not the M4.

No closure from Troy.....they basically said fuck off.

Diamond Head makes all metal versions. Don't know what you mean by "ghost ring"....unless you mean you want M4 style post, not an HK style on the Troy. The DH is < > shaped. Troy's "dioptic" line has a similar diamond rear aperture.
    Thanks for the info. Any idea what co-witness the Pro w/RAS II and micro BUIS provides?

Looking for a round rear sight aperture. I can get a set of all metal Troys for about $165. Haven't found Diamond Heads that come close to that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any idea what co-witness the Pro w/RAS II and micro BUIS provides?

Looking for a round rear sight aperture. I can get a set of all metal Troys for about $165. Haven't found Diamond Heads that come close to that yet.

On mine....I "felt" like it was absolute...but honestly, I'm not sure. I just zero'd the irons...then put the dot on top of the front post (looking through the rear small aperture)....and it was all on target. To me, it seems maybe slightly lower than absolute, but not 1/3.

I get the price difference....money's tight for people....but "what are your principles worth?"...is the real question. Try Amazon......I've seen the Troy micros there for $158 shipped at times.

Good luck with it.

The QRP mount (comes with the PRO) with the spacer removed will co witness with the Troy height sights. That would be the cheapest route but I'm not a fan of the big knob on the QRP.

ADM offers their quick release mount in a "low" profile that works as well and the pricing is reasonable. I think Midwest Ind just released some mounts with similar features and pricing. The ADM low mount puts the optical axis 1.1" over the rail which lines up pretty well with the micros.

I've been happy with the ADMs. Because of that I've not looked at some of the other options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors