RMR and 3x Magnifier (Burris AR-Tripler) - Page 2
Like Tree18Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RMR and 3x Magnifier (Burris AR-Tripler)

I have a Holosun 403C on a Kel-Tec KSG. No issues even with slugs. They may not be as tough as Aimpoints, but for us occasional range warriors they are just fine. Judging by how similar their products are to red dots sold by Primary Arms, it wouldn't surprise me if PA's dots are made by Holosun.

BTW, the 403C will work just fine with a magnifier. SLR makes a absolute cowitness mount for it. And it's cheaper than the one I linked.
    Last edited by fmunk; 08-04-2018 at 07:30 PM.
    Merlin likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    I have a Holosun 403C on a Kel-Tec KSG. No issues even with slugs. They may not be as tough as Aimpoints, but for us occasional range warriors they are just fine. Judging by how similar their products are to red dots sold by Primary Arms, it wouldn't surprise me if PA's dots are made by Holosun.

BTW, the 403C will work just fine with a magnifier. SLR makes a absolute cowitness mount for it. And it's cheaper than the one I linked.
    I've read they are the same manufacturer....actually, one manufacturer makes a handful of those style red dots. Apparently, you're just paying for the name and slightly different features.
    fmunk and Merlin like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I've read they are the same manufacturer....actually, one manufacturer makes a handful of those style red dots. Apparently, you're just paying for the name and slightly different features.
    Yup. That's exactly how overseas manufacturing works. Slight variations at times, different logos, different packaging, but essentially the same. And not just stuff made in China. Quality optics made in Japan is the same way. If you shop binoculars, you'll noticed the same between various brands (Buschnell, Vortex, Burris, Nikon, etc.).
    Last edited by fmunk; 08-05-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

IIRC sig, holo, and PA.

Another super rugged, low cost option is the vortex strikefire. They use 4moa dots but their dots are gorgeous. I honestly prefer the crisp 4moa to the 2moa slash on my APP's.
    fmunk and Merlin like this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    IIRC sig, holo, and PA.

Another super rugged, low cost option is the vortex strikefire. They use 4moa dots but their dots are gorgeous. I honestly prefer the crisp 4moa to the 2moa slash on my APP's.
    And this points to another difference I forgot to mention... Vortex has a damn good warranty.
    Merlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    IIRC sig, holo, and PA.

And a few others too....names escape me now, but slightly cheaper brands are also made by that same Chinese mfg.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    And this points to another difference I forgot to mention... Vortex has a damn good warranty.
    So does PA though.
    Merlin likes this.

So does PA though.
    That's awesome. I love when we hit the "no questions asked" level of warranty, because we get to a point of pure preference (assuming the mfg honors it).

Just from trolling the forums, I don't know if PA's warranty/CS has quite the buzz that vortex has but from what I've definitely read good things over on the hide.

Would be neat if we could get a list of all the subsidiary's of the chinese mfg....just for the sake of killing the cat.
    Merlin likes this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors