Rear Sight Heights & Various Micro Red Dot Optic Mount Heights
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By navalbeaver

Thread: Rear Sight Heights & Various Micro Red Dot Optic Mount Heights

Rear Sight Heights & Various Micro Red Dot Optic Mount Heights

All heights are approximate

Most of these are for the lowest workable sights or mounts for an XCR or AR type platform, but some of the info is AK related (like the PSA and TWS #s).

Troy Micro Rear Sight Height (measured from top of rail to center of aperture): 1.125"

Palmetto State Armory AK rear cast/fixed sight (measured from top of rail cover to top of blade edge for rear notch): .625"

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 rear sight (top of rail to center of aperture...there are 4 apertures...I just picked the one I was going to use most of the time): .625"

The Larue 660-HK is 3/4" tall from the top of the rail to the bottom of the surface where the micro dot mounts.

A Holosun 403R mounted on a Larue 660-HK puts the center of the optics tube at 1 5/8" from the top of the pic rail.

An ADM T1-CAS-V (1108) micro red dot mount places the centerline height of the optic at 1.15"....which is pretty much an absolute co-witness with Troy Micros.

Texas Weapon Systems rear peep sight: ~7/16" from top of rail to center of aperture.

GG&G Accucam 30mm tube for "bolt guns" 1.060" from top of rail to center of optic

ADM AD-RECON-SL ("for bolt guns") 30mm tube is 1.110" from top of rail to center of optic

LaRue LT-158 SPR-S 30mm is 1.44" from top of rail to center of optic (and is cantilevered)

LaRue RAS Aimpoint Comp M2 LT152 30mm mount is 1.20" from top of rail to center of optic. You can theoretically double these up for scopes, but it's about $250 that way.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Bravo and I just had this discussion about aimpoint Micros. This is good info.
    I took the below pic for some reference. The irons are Troy Micros. front to back; Co-witness, CASV, ADM Low, Aimpoint low.
    Rear Sight Heights & Various Micro Red Dot Optic Mount Heights-20190223_232407.jpg
    Sean K., cjt50 and Merlin like this.

Sponsors