Robinson Arms XCR: GO TO WAR GUN?? - Page 12
Like Tree30Likes
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Robinson Arms XCR: GO TO WAR GUN??

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    I believe it. Noticed it when I switched to the Keymod upper. Went from "I'm too old (and too out of shape) for this" to "hey, not bad!".
    I am still running my XCR-Ls w/the old quad rails. I have the Manta Core rail covers which are AWESOME!!! When it comes to the heat management. Being down in here CenTX you know how hot it gets here.
    I have SBR'd one of my lowers, I want to shed some more weight. Does going to the MLOK upper save a lot of weight. I am looking at getting an XCR-L Pistol w/MLOK. However I am concerned about going shorter then 11.5" on the 5.56 barrel. I have both 5.56 and X39 kits in 16" and 11.5" barrels.

Going below 8lbs would be good. I have Troy Miro sights, Vortex Spritefire Red Dots, and Inforce light. I try to keep the accessories to a minimum...

Is there any weight savings going to a new upper???
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

Keymod is going to be the best for weight savings. I haven't gotten my hands on an mlok yet but they're wider than kmod.
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Keymod is going to be the best for weight savings. I haven't gotten my hands on an mlok yet but they're wider than kmod.
    Ya, that's why MLok is stronger than KM. It's two fold. One, the hardware is 10-32 for ML while KM is 8-32 and two, the handguard itself is thicker (which makes it heavier, but stronger....gotta trade off somewhere). Nate already knows this....I was just stating it for anyone reading along.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    I am still running my XCR-Ls w/the old quad rails. I have the Manta Core rail covers which are AWESOME!!! When it comes to the heat management. Being down in here CenTX you know how hot it gets here.
    I have SBR'd one of my lowers, I want to shed some more weight. Does going to the MLOK upper save a lot of weight. I am looking at getting an XCR-L Pistol w/MLOK. However I am concerned about going shorter then 11.5" on the 5.56 barrel. I have both 5.56 and X39 kits in 16" and 11.5" barrels.

Going below 8lbs would be good. I have Troy Miro sights, Vortex Spritefire Red Dots, and Inforce light. I try to keep the accessories to a minimum...

Is there any weight savings going to a new upper???
    A flute (or a light bbl), a chop to SBR length and a swap to KM are the best ways to lighten these up.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    A flute (or a light bbl), a chop to SBR length and a swap to KM are the best ways to lighten these up.
    +1

Light barrel is going to be the most noticeable feel in weight but the kmod upper helps. Not a lot of other options to reduce weight unless you're willing to mill your upper/lower

If you have access to a machinist, or mill and drill press... Another option on the quad rail upper is to shave off rails at 3-, 6- and 9-o'clock positions... but leave some at the front for the usual accessories. And while you're at it, drill a couple holes for QD sling rings at 3- and 9-.
    TexasChris likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Who flutes heavy barrels? I contacted ADCO and they can shorten but they no longer flute xcr barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by rmw2018 View Post
    Who flutes heavy barrels? I contacted ADCO and they can shorten but they no longer flute xcr barrels.
    That's news. I used them to flute an XCR barrel way back. Great work with noticeable weight savings. Is it xcr specific or are they completely done with fluting?

Quote Originally Posted by rmw2018 View Post
    That sux.

I specifically asked about fluting and shortening 2 xcr-l 16" heavy barrels one in 5.56 one in 7.62x39. Their response "we can shorten, but we no longer offer fluting." That's all they said in the email.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Sponsors