XCR Factory (and Custom) Port Specs - Page 2
Like Tree1Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XCR Factory (and Custom) Port Specs

Sticky!

More russian spam reported!
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

I have an 18 inch heavy barrel. From the info Sean provided the hole on the #2 position is twice as large as any thing he listed. Time for a new gas dial. My thanks for all the replies and information. I'll be contacting Navelbeaver shortly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GASPASSERDELUXE View Post
    I have an 18 inch heavy barrel. From the info Sean provided the hole on the #2 position is twice as large as any thing he listed. Time for a new gas dial. My thanks for all the replies and information. I'll be contacting Navelbeaver shortly.
    I don't have ANY 18" specs....so maybe that's normal....though I'd guess not...based on the the fact that the longer bbl *could* theoretically have a smaller port than the 16".
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Got a Type 3 Dial and Gas Block (actually I got two....but I'll go over the other one later and update the post) from Nate.

He wasn't sure of the caliber, gas length or bbl length....but it was "small hole"

The Gas Block hole is a .128".

Position 7 = .067"
    6 = .063"
    5 = .059"
    4 = .052"
    3 = .046"

Didn't check positions 2, 1 or 0.

This will be going on the factory 10" 5.56 pistol with mini length gas system (mentioned at the bottom of the first post) to bury it inside a standard length upper...so I'll have to open it up.

I'll update with how much I open the first few largest ports and whether or not I monkey with the gas block to get it running 100%.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 09-17-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Are you going to try it before you open it up?

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Are you going to try it before you open it up?
    Hmmm....new posts didn't show this.

I am planning to open it up before trying it. Why? B/c I'm not convinced the past owner(s) of this thing knew if it worked or not. The catch wasn't even notched to seat properly.

What I don't want is to drag it out to the desert and have it not run at all.

The ports on the Type 3 are tiny....too small IMO for them to work on a 10" bbl....but, there's also the timing issue of the dwell time with the slightly longer bbl port to muzzle distance in the mini length gas position to consider.

At the very least, I'm going to open up position 7 to .110" so at least I know it *should* run on the highest setting for sure.

Said fuck it...and opened up:

7 = .110"
    6 = .093"
    5 = .078"
    Last edited by Sean K.; 09-19-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Got you on a wasted trip. Is this for suppressed shooting? If so, I haven't seen one that's needed to be opened up.

If not suppressed, disregard.

Are talking about the latest one I sent you? I think I held onto that one because it was one of the few type 3s that would actually turn off the gas on "0". There was a thread way back where I noticed the detents and the gas dial ports weren't lined up. Is that what your'e talking about?

https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/15-fi...ays-off-3.html
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 09-19-2019 at 08:22 PM. Reason: ETA link

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Got you on a wasted trip. Is this for suppressed shooting? If so, I haven't seen one that's needed to be opened up.

If not suppressed, disregard.
    Not just suppressed.....but the lower settings weren't (and probably won't be) messed with.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 09-19-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors