Best damn platform there is...and Company.
Like Tree7Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best damn platform there is...and Company.

Best damn platform there is...and Company.

My second xcr needed some parts. This one is a testament to the idea that you do not have to clean it very much and it continues to function perfectly. The guy I got it from cleaned it with some type of super heavy solvent melting the recoil buffer actually transforming it to a soft jelly like material. The bolt catch was also chewed and not functioning any longer. I rescued (bought) her and cleaned her up but did not want to fire with the buffer in that condition. Did some questioning here and sent an email to them and was invited to the company(I am local). When we arrived Alex himself was on the phone but gave a big 'how-do' wave of welcome. Everyone was professional, friendly and genuinely wanted to find out what went wrong with my rifle. I love the first one which I do not hide and they could tell. I told them that I rescued this new one and that nothing was wrong with her, there are just some broken parts due to abuse. I told them what I needed and expected to just pick up some parts and do the repair at home. Turns out there have been some changes to the buffer as well as the bolt catch and they needed to know which one my rifle had currently...I had it in the car so I brought it in. They inspected her took my lower into the back did all the work putting the new parts on for me!! That is service to me. Alex even came and spoke with us between calls which is just awesome, great guy. I want to say that all the internet drivel is not what I experienced at all. Great company - Great people and while I was already an XCR guy I am now a fan of more than just the platform.

If you come in with nothing but accolades and praise for the platform....you will likely be treated like a king. Constructive criticism however, is greatly frowned upon.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    That is service to me. Alex even came and spoke with us between calls which is just awesome, great guy. I want to say that all the internet drivel is not what I experienced at all. Great company - Great people and while I was already an XCR guy I am now a fan of more than just the platform.
    RA can be a hit or a miss per customer service from my own experience. I'm guessing however that unlike you, most of the market Robinson is going after in the US isn't local like yourself That said, it's nice to hear good things about good customer service from the company. Funny enough, when I lurked here looking for info on the gun, I figured even with all the bitching about customer service, if the guys here still had their XCR's, it told me what I need to know about the platform LOL
    Merlin and fivesidedpolygon like this.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

It's nice to hear a good CS report. I have also been to RA (at their old location) a couple of times, and it was a positive experience. However, I've also had a heck of a time getting anyone there to pick up a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    If you come in with nothing but accolades and praise for the platform....you will likely be treated like a king. Constructive criticism however, is greatly frowned upon.
    Yeah, but that is human nature isn't it? I have never met Alex, but after watching a number of youtube videos, I picture him as this triple A type personality who might even be a little ADD. Those are typically the genius types who come up with this kind of excellent design. He is probably the type of guy who will never be satisfied, therefore there will always be a genesis in development of the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Man View Post
    Yeah, but that is human nature isn't it? I have never met Alex, but after watching a number of youtube videos, I picture him as this triple A type personality who might even be a little ADD. Those are typically the genius types who come up with this kind of excellent design. He is probably the type of guy who will never be satisfied, therefore there will always be a genesis in development of the platform.
    It's not the wisest strategy to ignore the constructive criticism when you are being given detailed information as to QC issues from calibrated equipment and a knowledgeable technician.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

AAG
    I have always been treated well by RA cs also.

I called last week to order a few parts. Holly answered and took down my order. Her crutch word is "perfect" and she was very pleasant and took good care of me. The parts arrived today and my XCR is back in business. I have heard all the horror stories about their customer service and have never delt with them directly because of it. Instead I've ordered my rifle and parts through Kermit. He seems to be a bit busy however so I gave RA a shot and it turned out great.

BTW, I needed a new gas dial because I shot mine like a shotgun slug through a target and have no idea where it ended up. I'll try and not make that mistake again.
    Last edited by KiowaDriver85; 08-14-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    Vepr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KiowaDriver85 View Post
    I called last week to order a few parts. Holly answered and took down my order. Her crutch word is "perfect" and she was very pleasant and took good care of me. The parts arrived today and my XCR is back in business. I have heard all the horror stories about their customer service and have never delt with them directly because of it. Instead I've order my rifle and parts through Kermit. He seems to be a bit busy however so I gave RA a shot and it turned out great.

BTW, I needed a new gas dial because I shot mine like a shotgun slug through a target and have no idea where it ended up. I'll try and not make that mistake again.
    That's REALLY good news. Hopefully things are turning a corner there. That would really accelerate the platform in the mainstream. All the bad press has taken a toll on the impression people have of the gun.

The bad customer service rap really has taken a toll and is part of the reason I recently brought home a SCAR 17S instead of an XCR-M. I don't know now though. May end up with one anyway, you can never have too many 308's. It just won't be key mod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors