Robinson web page for parts compatibility... FINALLY!!! - Page 2
Like Tree14Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Robinson web page for parts compatibility... FINALLY!!!

  1. #11
    XCR Guru navalbeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
    Now if they only had a web store to easily buy typical replacement parts without having to deal with middle man and messaging back and forth, trying to decide what version you haven't know if parts will fit.
    Going through middle men wouldn't be so bad if RA could get their shit together and deliver parts (the correct parts) in a timely fashion. In the last year I've not received any part of an order in less than 6 weeks, for some of those orders it's taken upwards of 6 months to get a complete order (everything that I submitted on the original order) with several shipments. Of those shipments, I've had most (70% or more) have something wrong with the shipment (pricing, wrong part etc).

    They've gotten better but I can't imagine that a web site that would allow multiple small orders to be put in at all hours of the day would result in anything except way more pissed off customers.
    Sean K. likes this.

  2. #12
    XCR Guru fmunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kahleefonia
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
    Now if they only had a web store to easily buy typical replacement parts without having to deal with middle man and messaging back and forth, trying to decide what version you haven't know if parts will fit.
    Given their track record with direct sales, that's going to be a big fat no. And I suspect, for such a small operation, Alex would not be willing to staff up to make direct sales run smoothly. While they've improved greatly in email/phone response rates, they are just not set up to do direct sales as the primary method of operation.


    Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Going through middle men wouldn't be so bad if RA could get their shit together and deliver parts (the correct parts) in a timely fashion. In the last year I've not received any part of an order in less than 6 weeks, for some of those orders it's taken upwards of 6 months to get a complete order (everything that I submitted on the original order) with several shipments. Of those shipments, I've had most (70% or more) have something wrong with the shipment (pricing, wrong part etc).

    They've gotten better but I can't imagine that a web site that would allow multiple small orders to be put in at all hours of the day would result in anything except way more pissed off customers.
    As long as I am able to get good service and support from Nate and Kermit, I have no need for direct sales from RA. With these guys they are up-front about availability and ETA. In the past, RA had a tendency to say "weeks" when reality is "months"; if they responded at all.

    It's a small company running lean. There are just things one has to expect/accept as a customer.
    Last edited by fmunk; 01-08-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Merlin and Sean K. like this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

  3. #13
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,191
    Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post

    As long as I am able to get good service and support from Nate and Kermit, I have no need for direct sales from RA. With these guys they are up-front about availability and ETA. In the past, RA had a tendency to say "weeks" when reality is "months"; if they responded at all.

    It's a small company running lean. There are just things one has to expect/accept as a customer.
    Well said.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Another XCR compatibility issue
    By navalbeaver in forum In The Field
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-01-2016, 10:16 AM
  2. RA updated web page!
    By mjorin in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-21-2015, 10:48 AM
  3. NEA CCS Compatibility
    By mcgrimlok in forum Stock
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 10:39 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 10:49 PM
  5. web page with alot of links
    By sam4freedom in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 03:13 PM

Search tags for this page

anything
,

www.xcrforum.com

Click on a term to search for related topics.