Type 0 would seem to be the best option for suppressed shooting
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By navalbeaver
  • 1 Post By Sean K.

Thread: Type 0 would seem to be the best option for suppressed shooting

Type 0 would seem to be the best option for suppressed shooting

So I was thinking that maybe the type 0 gas block on a newer barrel with the smaller gas ports would be better for suppression. That was based off seeing original style barrels being way over gassed for type 1 gas blocks. Anyway, Bravo hooked me up and I was able to try a 12", standard gas in 5.56. The type 1 was always over gassed with a can. The type 3 was much better but depending on combination and QC, it was a little hit and miss. The type 3 300s I've shot are great but it's also a way low pressure round and even with that there's still some pretty good gas coming out of the ejection port. The type 2 is decent but still flings brass 50-60'. The type 0 setup throws 5.56 brass about 30-35', has noticeably less gas out of the ejection port and the recoil is pretty tame. Mini 10" 5.45 is also a nice shooting suppressed setup with the type 0. Tried the type 2 on a 10" mini 762x39 as well. Recoil was fine but it felt/sounded like the gun was cycling aggressively. Next plan is to try the 12.5" 6.5g with a type 2......
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

I think the problem is the can designs out there. With OSS and NG2 being flow through designs, I think this will be less of an issue as can design evolves.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I think the problem is the can designs out there. With OSS and NG2 being flow through designs, I think this will be less of an issue as can design evolves.
    I don't disagree but when most of the available cans work like what I tried(xcr came out in 2008? Flow through wasn't a thing) you'd think there'd be better adjustability. With that said, my tuned AR is awesome to shoot with a can but holy crap does it get dirty quick.(guessing most of that gunk is coming back through the barrel during extraction/ ejection)

I like the adjustable blocks on several rifles (my rdb continues to be a favorite with a can on) but most often the lowest setting is still too much. I've got my xcr configuration now so I'll run it until the type X comes along and/or I get a flow through can.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I can't imagine that in 10 years manufacturers will still be making sealed cans....sucks for all the NFA items that are already out there, but at least over-gassing and fouling will be less of an issue.

Of course, that's assuming that suppressors won't be banned outright in the coming years as well.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sponsors