Type 1 Bolts/BCG no longer being sold - Page 2
Like Tree14Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Type 1 Bolts/BCG no longer being sold

  1. #11
    XCR Guru navalbeaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Posts
    2,267
    Holly said $265 retail for the conversion and about a week turn around. I sent another email to verify what's included in that cost. Dealer cost is cheaper but unless your dealer is local, shipping back and forth is going to end up putting the price close to retail.

    ETA: stby.... the above is for the parts.... still waiting to hear about the machining/ finishing.

    ETA2: the above price includes the milling/ finishing and the bcg. Holly said they don't charge for the work on the lower.
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 08-01-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

  2. #12
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,385
    Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Holly said $265 retail for the conversion and about a week turn around. I sent another email to verify what's included in that cost. Dealer cost is cheaper but unless your dealer is local, shipping back and forth is going to end up putting the price close to retail.

    ETA: stby.... the above is for the parts.... still waiting to hear about the machining/ finishing.

    ETA2: the above price includes the milling/ finishing and the bcg. Holly said they don't charge for the work on the lower.
    Well, at least they're not charging to retrofit older lowers. That said, I still prefer the Type 1 arrangement.

    I have two spare carriers and 3 bolts as well as 6 firing pins and roll pins to hold it all together.

    Kermit says he has a few bolts/carriers in stock now....so if one is in the market for spares, I'd suggest contacting him asap.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  3. #13
    XCR Guru fmunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kahleefonia
    Posts
    3,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Well, at least they're not charging to retrofit older lowers.
    Maybe not now. That could change, just like how they discontinued type 1. Those thinking about converting probably should lock it in now.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    XCR Guru Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,836
    I do not recall if this has been covered (I am old) but if this mod is done to accommodate the Type 2 BCG, can you now use both versions by just switching the required parts?

    "Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

  6. #15
    XCR Guru fmunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kahleefonia
    Posts
    3,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I do not recall if this has been covered (I am old) but if this mod is done to accommodate the Type 2 BCG, can you now use both versions by just switching the required parts?
    My guess is no. See images of receivers, BCGs and bolts: https://robinsonarmament.com/xcr-part-identification/
    Merlin likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

  7. #16
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,385
    Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    My guess is no. See images of receivers, BCGs and bolts: https://robinsonarmament.com/xcr-part-identification/
    Nope...No going back as you've removed the location for the Type 1 buffer to sit.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  8. #17
    XCR Guru Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,836
    Thanks guys. I have spare Type 1 bolts and firing pins so I am good for now I hope.

    "Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

  9. #18
    Newbie Guardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4
    Thanks, probably something I made need to just get done. Now, I wonder when they’ll stop supporting my type 2 XCR-M. Probably not long before all barrels come with a type 3 block and I’ll need a nee Op rod.

    I tried to research which of the type 2 or 3 maybe lighter but can’t find that info.

  10. #19
    XCR Guru fmunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kahleefonia
    Posts
    3,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    Thanks, probably something I made need to just get done. Now, I wonder when they’ll stop supporting my type 2 XCR-M. Probably not long before all barrels come with a type 3 block and I’ll need a nee Op rod.

    I tried to research which of the type 2 or 3 maybe lighter but can’t find that info.
    RA doesn't move very fast. I think you have time on the -M.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

  11. #20
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps96Kz View Post
    I do have a limited number of bolts, carriers and firing pins in stock (Type 1)
    Gramps
    Der...didn't see that Kermit posted this before posting my comment about him having spares. Sorry for the repetition.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •