Type 1 Bolts/BCG no longer being sold - Page 3
Like Tree14Likes
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Type 1 Bolts/BCG no longer being sold

Hey all! Jus came across a type 1 xcr-l. Bad news is I need a type 1 5.56 bolt for it. Seeing as how RA doesn't hurry to help their customers. Nor are they providing type 1 bolts anymore. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to find a type 1 bolt stateside? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

You got a rifle without a bolt?

RA will "upgrade" the lower for free but you'll have to get the Type 2 carrier, bolt and firing pin tail from them too.(over $200)
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 09-08-2020 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indyempire View Post
    Hey all! Jus came across a type 1 xcr-l. Bad news is I need a type 1 5.56 bolt for it. Seeing as how RA doesn't hurry to help their customers. Nor are they providing type 1 bolts anymore. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to find a type 1 bolt stateside? Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!
    Did you contact Gramps96Kz above?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I traded for it. In my favor by a long ways (so I thought). It came with a 6.8 spc bolt in a 5.56 setup. I reached out to gramps. No reply yet. Also contacted RA. 250 not including shipping.

I found a spare used Type 0. It'll work with the type 1 BCG. You'll have a harder time finding a firing pin for it but RA isn't make the type 1 pins anymore either. I'd like $90 shipped if you're interested.

I have a type 1 pin. Will it work with the type 0 bolt? Also does your bolt have the extractor in it?

My trigger group is a type 2. Will it interface with the type 0 bolt?

Bolt is complete.

There's a type 0, 1 and 2 pin. 0 was the original, 1 has the "hat" on the back end, 2 is slightly beefier than the type 1 to work with the type 2 bolts. I've not tried to make a type 1 pin work in a type 0 bolt but the information from RA was that it wouldn't work. I have no clue, besides the "hat", what changes were made on the bolts or pins from 0 to 1.

I'm not aware of any incompatibility between trigger and bolt types. I've not ever shot the type 0. I got this one along with a barrel and some old gas blocks only intending it to be a spare.

Im wondering if its a length difference in the bolt from type 0 to type 1. Well....I'd be interested. I have a 6.8spc/224v type 1 bolt if anyone needs! Haha

Type 1 on the top, 0 on the bottom.

0 looks to be longer bolt. Pins are pretty close on overall length but the 0 might be slightly longer. Different location for the retaining pin.
    Type 1 Bolts/BCG no longer being sold-resized_20200909_154403.jpeg
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 09-09-2020 at 04:51 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors