Type 1 Bolts/BCG no longer being sold
Like Tree14Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Type 1 Bolts/BCG no longer being sold

Type 1 Bolts/BCG no longer being sold

I asked Holly about the availablity of Type 1 bolts, carriers and gas blocks.

No on the bolt and carrier. Maybe on the blocks.

The gas block isn't a huge deal. (I've got dials if anyone needs some) The block and tube are durable enough that most users aren't going to wear them out. The lack of a source for Type 1 bolts(and I'm assuming firing pins) sucks for the old rifles.
    Merlin likes this.

Just as I am going to take my evening blood pressure, I see Nate’s post.
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Whole Bunches View Post
    Just as I am going to take my evening blood pressure, I see Nate’s post.
    LOL....yup. Sux that they're dropping them. All of my L's are Type 1 and I don't particularly care for the Type 2 bolts/carriers. I think I have a spare or two still though.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

At least I still have AR's I'm not afraid to shoot. Guess I'll put the XCR in the back next to the M96.
    A M16 is a fancy city girl, sexy as hell, but a bit moody. It's all good as long as you take her to the clubs and get what she asks. If you cross the? line, its over.

An AK is a naughty girl, all in latex and with a whip begging you to be naughty. The nastier you are the happier she is. Its clear that she wont dump you, you'll have to do that on your own.
    The XCR is the perfect blend of both. Sexy as hell but willing to let you beat her and filthy her up and then beg for more.

Quote Originally Posted by SSBiggun View Post
    At least I still have AR's I'm not afraid to shoot. Guess I'll put the XCR in the back next to the M96.
    Why would you be afraid? Bolts haven't been breaking....maybe firing pins here and there....but you can get aftermarket ones (or at least you could a while back).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

RA will mod your lower to work with the latest bcg. If it comes to that.
    Merlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Why would you be afraid? Bolts haven't been breaking....maybe firing pins here and there....but you can get aftermarket ones (or at least you could a while back).
    Just a rant Sean. Familiar terrain etc...
    Sean K. and TexasChris like this.
    A M16 is a fancy city girl, sexy as hell, but a bit moody. It's all good as long as you take her to the clubs and get what she asks. If you cross the? line, its over.

An AK is a naughty girl, all in latex and with a whip begging you to be naughty. The nastier you are the happier she is. Its clear that she wont dump you, you'll have to do that on your own.
    The XCR is the perfect blend of both. Sexy as hell but willing to let you beat her and filthy her up and then beg for more.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    RA will mod your lower to work with the latest bcg. If it comes to that.
    Well, that's a nice little revenue source while the industry is down isn't it? Not terrible news really. Lower reciprocating mass should theoretically soften recoil impulse and aid accuracy... if they would just make better barrels and improve barrel to receiver lock up.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Type 1

Quote Originally Posted by SSBiggun View Post
    Just a rant Sean. Familiar terrain etc...
    I do have a limited number of bolts, carriers and firing pins in stock (Type 1)
    Gramps
    SSBiggun and Sean K. like this.

I was thinking this may end up happening. Does anyone know the price to get the Mod done to a gen 1? I emailed them about the price but haven’t heard back. If I recall the mod helps prevent any potential for a slam fire.

Side note, has anyone ever used the xcr without the little black buffer attached to the carrier?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors