Range time suppressed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range time suppressed

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    No idea. I don't see the point of subs in most cases.
    Thanks. I thought I was missing something.

The reality is IMO when you're shooting any bullet weight under 1100 FPS not to make a sonic crack via with a can, you're losing something in the equation with the cartridges capability. For this, I understand the .300 BO.

IMO a .45 ACP is mans best friend shooting suppressed LOL

More than happy with with my 300 win suppressed (noise wise) even though I don't have enough range to hunt with it on the east coast.
    Last edited by Sig; 02-11-2020 at 09:38 AM.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post

The reality is IMO when you're shooting any bullet weight under 1100 FPS not to make a sonic crack via with a can, you're losing something in the equation with the cartridges capability. For this, I understand the .300 BO.

More than happy with with my 300 win suppressed (noise wise) even though I don't have enough range to hunt with it on the east coast.
    Yeah...that's where I'm at. A subsonic .308 round with say a 220 grain projectile isn't really much different than a 230 gr .45 ACP round.

To me, a suppressor is really for making where the shot came from difficult to ascertain, to rid the weapon of the vast majority of flash, to make it hopefully hearing safe for the shooter and to control the recoil. But...I'm not an "operator" either, so what do I know?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post

Yeah...that's where I'm at. A subsonic .308 round with say a 220 grain projectile isn't really much different than a 230 gr .45 ACP round.

To me, a suppressor is really for making where the shot came from difficult to ascertain, to rid the weapon of the vast majority of flash, to make it hopefully hearing safe for the shooter and to control the recoil. But...I'm not an "operator" either, so what do I know?
    Glad someone brought .308 up. I have two coming awaiting ATF jail release. (Couldn't beat the Gander Outdoors fire sales).One for the XCR-M and the other for my bolt action. What is the recommendation for .308 subsonic since 5.56 is not worth the effort in that regard?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors