Range time suppressed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range time suppressed

Man! Do I love my XCR-L 5.56 even more with a suppressor on it. I had a chance to shoot yesterday. I haven't tried anything other than 55g so far suppressed. Does anyone have recommendations for ammo to use (subsonic)? I have a 16 inch 1-8 twist barrel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Range time suppressed-20200208_124005_1581310487458.jpg  
    Last edited by scorpion08; 02-09-2020 at 10:13 PM.

I haven't run any subsonic 5.56 through mine. The only subsonic ammo I've run through are in my .300blk. I have to admit the suppressed .300blk is highly fun!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

They're hard to come by but the type 0, in my experience, suppresses the best. I recently tried some rex silentium cans. The larger volume, relative to the previously used saker, needed a bump up to the second setting to run and lock back. Brass is only going 15-20' instead of the normal 30-40

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    They're hard to come by but the type 0, in my experience, suppresses the best. I recently tried some rex silentium cans. The larger volume, relative to the previously used saker, needed a bump up to the second setting to run and lock back. Brass is only going 15-20' instead of the normal 30-40
    +1
    [IMG]https://********************83/f.png[/IMG]

[IMG]https://********************99/f.png[/IMG]

I should have turned the gas down more to see where the sweet spot was. I know that it no longer ruins the brass when it flings them into the next county over.

Sig
    Ok, perhaps I am an idiot, but did I miss something where an XCR can cycle subsonic 5.56 ammo?

When it comes to a 300 BO, much prefer the XCR over an AR per noise.

That said, the SD-3G trigger really got me into AR's again LOL (cheap build with a good trigger makes all the difference IMO now).
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    Ok, perhaps I am an idiot, but did I miss something where an XCR can cycle subsonic 5.56 ammo?

That said, the SD-3G trigger really got me into AR's again LOL (cheap build with a good trigger makes all the difference IMO now).
    XCRs cycle subs just fine in 5.56....they're discussing what gas settings and gas block types work best for the least recoil and ones that will give "bolt action" type cycling.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion08 View Post
    I should have turned the gas down more to see where the sweet spot was. I know that it no longer ruins the brass when it flings them into the next county over.
    Until I tried the rex can all my 556s flung the crap out of the brass on the lowest setting with a can on.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    XCRs cycle subs just fine in 5.56....they're discussing what gas settings and gas block types work best for the least recoil and ones that will give "bolt action" type cycling.
    I kind of forgot the other part of the equation asking my question on what can cycle a sub 5.56 because I got so fixated on cycling a 5.56 subsonic...

Never loaded or checked out pricing on subsonic 5.56, but exactly what are you trying to put down (AKA kill) at 55-65 grain at subsonic (less than 1100 FPS) that you can't accomplish with a .22LR sub sonic running a little over 1,000 FPS?
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

I kind of forgot the other part of the equation asking my question on what can cycle a sub 5.56 because I got so fixated on cycling a 5.56 subsonic...

Never loaded or checked out pricing on subsonic 5.56, but exactly what are you trying to put down (AKA kill) at 55-65 grain at subsonic (less than 1100 FPS) that you can't accomplish with a .22LR sub sonic running a little over 1,000 FPS?

No idea. I don't see the point of subs in most cases.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors