Scope Mount Height
Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scope Mount Height

Scope Mount Height

Hey guys: I just ordered the Vortex Razor 1-10x for my XCR-L. I’m trying to decide on a mount height of 1.93” or 1.57”. For ARs, consensus seems to be 1.57 for long range prone precision and 1.93 for quick tactical run and gun stuff. I will be doing both, but probably mostly long range out to 600. However, I don’t own an AR or have access to one, so I don’t want to use the internet advice that is based on an AR platform if the measurements are different between an AR and an XCR. My question is this: How different is the measurement from the top of the XCR cheek rest (in low position) to the top of the rail vs the same measurement in an AR? Which one has the greater height between cheek and rail, if either?

Depends. What stock is on your XCR?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Like Sean said.

The FAST can adjust with the comb or by moving the whole stock. Fixed AR adapter gets you the same height as an AR buffer tube.

Objective allowing, I like lower on the xcr. ADM has some low options.
    Sean K. likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

ADM is a great choice, tool less and one model at 1.10" IIRC. I also like the GG&G bolt gun mount at 1.06" to centerline, but that may not work with all optics.

And....the shape of your face in terms of your cheekbones to eye sockets may mean you need taller or shorter than "standard" AR heights.....check in prone as well as standing b/c prone will need slightly more height IME.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I have the FAST2. What is ADM?
    I am simply trying to figure out the best mount height before purchasing because I can test it out since it is an internet order.

American Defense Manufacturing and they are the cat's back. My absolute favorite!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Billygoat View Post
    I have the FAST2. What is ADM?
    I am simply trying to figure out the best mount height before purchasing because I can test it out since it is an internet order.
    Then you have a great amount of adjustability. In terms of how it relates to an AR....they are similar. If you're happy with standard AR height sights, then get the standard mount and you can always adjust the FAST2 cheek riser or bolt position (or both) to get the height you want. Most people here run the lower sights (Troy Micro BUIS) and lower mounts for red dots and scopes. It's largely a preference thing.

Unless you have a head like an Easter Island statute, I can't imagine the 1.93" mount would be desirable on an XCR.

AD-RECON-SL is a 1.15" centerline height QD mount.

https://www.admmfg.com/recon-s-1-pie...ount-no-offset

You can usually find these on sale for less...I like the tac levers personally....and I run these on various 1-8X24 scopes.

Primary Arms usually runs sales as does Optics Planet.

I'd just do a search for the AD-RECON-SL. Finding the tac levers on sale is a little more tricky.

Brownells has them for $160....

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mou...prod78279.aspx

I think I usually pay around that or $150.....

Midway usually carries them too. With Cyber Monday coming up...you should be able to score a decent deal.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 11-17-2020 at 06:06 PM.

OK thanks for advice. I will go for the AD-RECON-SL with TAC-Levers. Follow-up: Do titanium levers actually have any practical benefit like returning to zero or ruggedness?

Quote Originally Posted by Billygoat View Post
    OK thanks for advice. I will go for the AD-RECON-SL with TAC-Levers. Follow-up: Do titanium levers actually have any practical benefit like returning to zero or ruggedness?
    Main benefit is reduced weight for the strength. I'd think the whole mount would need to be Ti to be worth it....IMO.

Just keep in mind the SL....is a bolt gun height mount. It's REALLY short. So much so that some objectives won't work....and if you don't have high cheek bones, it very well might not work with your face structure. The "safe" bet is a pretty standard AR centerline height.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors