XCR Forum banner

Backyard zero check

959 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  dont_tread_on_me 
#1 ·
I decided today to do a little informal shooting on my backyard range today.I wanted to try some of the South African military surplus ammo I have.I keep a 2x6x32 scope on my XCR,but I put my 3x12x44 on it to see how the zero would be after taking it off and remounting it.I've shot this for groups before but just wanted to try it again.The first group was the South African surplus and the bottom one was Lake City 55 grain FMJ.Both groups were 5 shots from a bench.Interestingly enough the zero was almost spot on where it was when I removed the 3x12x44 several months ago,using cheap Leapers rings.The distance was 25 yards.I have about 60 if I stretch it out here,but this is where I do an informal zero and when I get time to ring out more distance it's usually is pretty close needing only minor or no adjustment.Just thought I would share.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nope! lol...Considering my less than stellar vision and the fact that this isn't designed to be a target rifle...I feel like it's pretty descent.This isn't this first time it's put 5 in one hole either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.