Success with getting 9" Barrels to run - Page 7
Like Tree6Likes
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Success with getting 9" Barrels to run

Re: Success with getting 9" Barrels to run

Uh, yeah, just you. :

I love when you're taking apart some piece of machinery you're not familiar with and multiple small parts launch across the room. And you now have no idea how they properly went together in the first place.

BADDFROGG likes this.
    That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    Uh, yeah, just you. :

I love when you're taking apart some piece of machinery you're not familiar with and multiple small parts launch across the room. And you now have no idea how they properly went together in the first place.
    Sad thing is: I knew the detent was in there and I let it fall out anyway. What a moron I am.

Sean
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Still need to get a 9" 5.56 barrel, but I'm liking the 11" on the mini upper. Finally got a new camera too, went with a Canon SX30.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Success with getting 9" Barrels to run-xcrsbr.jpg   Success with getting 9" Barrels to run-xcrsbr.jpg   Success with getting 9" Barrels to run-xcrsbr.jpg  
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Just put another 150 rounds through the 9" 7.62x39. Ejection is still fair to strong, depending on the load. It was a little cooler out today and on the last magazine the bolt was slow to move forward. I applied a little militec and all was well. I will try and do like Sean and see how long I can go without cleaning. So far I am only at 300 on the 7.62x39.
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Hey Sean if it makes you feel any better I'm trying to catch up to you in the screwed up parts area. On the car anyway. I was replacing the distributor cap today, and 2 of the 3 screws sheared off when I was trying to take them out.

Hey Sean if it makes you feel any better I'm trying to catch up to you in the screwed up parts area. On the car anyway. I was replacing the distributor cap today, and 2 of the 3 screws sheared off when I was trying to take them out.
    Sorry man. Seems like my bad luck is catching. Stop reading my posts!!!

On the plus side, my parts from Kermit should be in any day.....and seeing as how the lower was what was the problem....the 9.5" may be running just fine.

Also, it seems my VZ is already fixed and ready for pick up today at my smith.

Hopefully it's squared away now.

Sean
    BADDFROGG likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Crap. You mean you're contagious? And you come posting on here infectimacating us?

I'd better go bury a walnut on a dark night and throw some salt over my shoulder.

Crap. You mean you're contagious? And you come posting on here infectimacating us?

I'd better go bury a walnut on a dark night and throw some salt over my shoulder.
    LOL, couldn't hurt.

Bumping this to update my progress with getting my 8.3125" 5.56 bbl in a Mini upper as I make changes/progress.

Right now.....running a .140" gas block, .093 bbl port and modded gas dial (.140 #4, .093 #3, .078 #2, and .0625 #1 gas dial sizes)......planning to drill bbl port to .0995 or .0998 to get a little faster/more reliable ejection with steel case ammo.

BADDFROGG likes this.

Link to Factory and Custom XCR Port Specs: https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/15-fi...ort-specs.html
    Last edited by Sean K.; 11-27-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsors