EZED ACR Stock Adaptor Question

Thread: EZED ACR Stock Adaptor Question

EZED ACR Stock Adaptor Question

I finally got around to mounting my EZED adaptor to my ACR stock and find that when it is folded it will not keep the stock in the folded position. Is this normal or did I do something wrong? Appreciate any assistance.

same thing happen with mine. I had to file down the adapter till it would close. Then I painted it.

I thought the ACR stock had it's own lock mechanisim, unlike the FAST which is friction?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

It does....they were talking about it locking when folded....apparently the adapter doesn't let it close quite enough to lock in the folded position on some rifles/stock combos (might be all; I don't know)....so you have to modify the adapter slightly.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

My bad, I was talking about Locked when stock was NOT folded. As for lock when folded, mine does that just fine, but it would be a good idea to file down the teeths of the aluminum adapter as the sharp edges can shave the plastic ACR stock when you are folding and unfolding.

Okay so it should lock when folded with the Ezed adaptor. I had somebody put the adaptor on my ACR stock and they said it wouldn't stay open (but they only had the stock; additionally I let them have it back in Dec and they just gave it back unduracoated so not happy to say the least). I wonder if they lost a spring or something. Appreciate the feedback so I know what to expect. Hopefully the jerk didn't screw it up.

Update: Good news was message was screwed up in being passed. Mounted the ACR stock and if locks open with no issues. It is a little tight on closing like other mentioned but is not unbearable. Just wish he had been able to duracoat it but it actually acts as nice transition between the Coyote Brown Stock and FDE receiver. Now just need to get a good set of BUIS and get it out to the range.
    Last edited by eodcolret; 02-28-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: New information.

i bought the fast stock, and im confused by others who say it doesnt lock; mine locks. It requires lifting it upwards, and when folded, it snaps back down into locked position, (both opened and closed does this).Was there a modification to the newer ones?
    kree

No, there's no modification....yours does not lock mechanically.....you have a tension lock, solely dictated by the strength of the spring (and to a lesser extent, the friction of the two stepped pieces).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

well then it's a pretty stout spring, because it takes a goodly amount of effort to operate. At least the one I have does anyway. i have total confidence that it will not just swing open or closed without intentional effort.
    Were there any made with weaker springs perhaps?
    Thanks for answering my question so quickly
    Kree

Yep....there's been several iterations of spring. The 2nd gen seemed to be the strongest....the newest ones I received are weaker than the middle versions. There are 3 that I know of. I change them all out for heavier springs from the local ACE hardware. The lighter springs will pretty easily fold the stock if you are doing dynamic drills.

Sponsors