rubber buttpad for fast2?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Guardian

Thread: rubber buttpad for fast2?

rubber buttpad for fast2?

Is it possible to get a rubber buttpad for the fast2 stock instead of the polymer default?

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingGoy View Post
    Is it possible to get a rubber buttpad for the fast2 stock instead of the polymer default?
    It's not polymer. It's rubber....always has been.

**EDIT** Are you talking about the cheek riser maybe? That's polymer.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

its definitely not rubber, maybe mines different. Ill take a video and post it when i get home showing its not rubber.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

https://streamable.com/gculp7

here you go, i'm hitting it with metal so you can tell not just by the look but also the sound it makes, Im pretty sure its polymer but the little nub on the side is rubber.

https://streamable.com/gculp7

here you go, i'm hitting it with metal so you can tell not just by the look but also the sound it makes, Im pretty sure its polymer but the little nub on the side is rubber.
    Huh. Beats me. Obviously the nub for folding is softer durometer. Are you sure the buttpad is actually polymer and not just a much harder durometer rubber? From the video, I'm in agreement with you....appears to be polymer, but I guess it's conceivable that it's a rubber with a high durometer rating. That appears to be (if it's rubber) a 80-100 on the Shore A scale....pretty freaking hard.

Not sure why RA decided to swap to something harder..........
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

honestly feels harder than shopping cart wheels and I dont think shopping cart wheels would make a "ding" sound, I at first mistook the buttpad for metal before polymer.
    is there a better test i can record to showcase the hardness of the buttpad?

edit* i got a pic rail stock adapter anyway so im probably going to put an acr stock on it.
    Last edited by GlowingGoy; 08-24-2020 at 02:59 PM.

honestly feels harder than shopping cart wheels and I dont think shopping cart wheels would make a "ding" sound, I at first mistook the buttpad for metal before polymer.
    is there a better test i can record to showcase the hardness of the buttpad?

edit* i got a pic rail stock adapter anyway so im probably going to put an acr stock on it.

Sorry, you'd likely need a durometer gauge...and those are about $250 for a good one. Obviously not worth the investment.

I'd try contacting RA and see if they have the old rubber ones that you might be able to purchase.

I was surprised by the change as well, but I got a hard plastic buttpad on my used, new to me, keymod XCR-L. I reached out to Robinson and they do have a rubber replacement but it's for the Fast type 2 only. But they probably only put the plastic on the newer type 2 anyways. I didn't notice the recoil as much with 5.56 but it was uncomfortable enough with 6.5 Grendel. Still shootable and such but just not as fun. $16 ea from my invoice...I guess I need to follow up on that. I ordered that a month ago and haven't seen an update.

X-FS-2-BP - XCR Fast Stock Type 2 Butt Pad Rubber
    Sean K. likes this.

Sponsors