Anyone using a SSR-25 stock
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using a SSR-25 stock

Anyone using a SSR-25 stock

This stock may not be right for the XCR, but I'm looking at it for a new SPR build.

http://dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=2041&cat=1719

Any thoughts?

Re: Anyone using a SSR-25 stock

I would be afraid the the length of pull would be too long. On my SPR I low mounted my scope and run a fixed tube with a CTR stock. I get a real tight cheek weld, right on par with an AR, and can still adjust LOP depending on clothes/vests. With the low scope mount, I can't run BUIS's but I don't on any of my other dedicated scope guns.

I've been running mine through sniper drills and it is shooting on par with my .308 and is quickly becoming my favorite precision gun.

If I can help you, let me know. These things make great SPR's.

I believe the LOP is 14.5" about on par with a full size ACE including a shoulder saver pad. It is also 0.2" longer than the PRS at it's max length. It's probably pushing it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Is that LOP for an AR? If so, it will be even longer on an XCR.

Yes, that is the LOP for an AR. The manufacturer states that the stock fits a standard rifle tube and that the stock is 7.5" long. I believe I saw the LOP on one of the vendor sites, but I don't remember which one. The photos I've seen make it look like it mounts up agains the receiver, but if the stock is only 7.5" long that is about 4" shorter than an A2. The numbers don't seem to add up. I'll try to photo shop a side by side with a PRS, UBR or A2 to see how they look.

Just to clarify, I'm was considering this stock for my XCR.

OK this isn't exact, but it should be within a couple of pixels. By measuring the magwell I resized a couple of images and they should be pretty close. By the looks of it the SSR-25 is about 3-4 inches shorter than a Magpul PRS, which has me concerned for SPR build. For the XCR though?

Image Deleted

For AR stocks, the buffer tube will give you an idea of the length. If it runs a carbine tube, an entry tube, or an A1 tube, it will give you an idea of the length. For example, the Sully stock is a fixed stock that runs an entry tube. If the stock you are looking at runs an entry tube, then I would think that it will be shorter than an A1/A2 stock.

If you run the fixed adaptor, be aware that the interface is a little different than the rear of an AR. It can work, but it doesn't look as good as the lines are different.

I am more than happy to give some pointers, but would ask that you let me know what scope and mounts you are running, your height and weight, and what you are trying to accomplish in your stock choice. Also do you shoot an AR, and if so do you shoot NTCH? If you do, then you are probably are like me and like a forward head position. The PRS never appealed to me as it places my head back too far.

HTH's.

Martens,

I was looking for feedback for anyone that may have used this stock. The stock will be for my new Grendel builds and I was looking for an alternative to the PSR, UBR and M4 SOCOM stocks, when I found this stock. These rifles will primarily be shot fron the bench or prone. Givens the cost of the forementioned stocks I will probably go with an ACE skeleton stock or the good old A2. I do appreciate any advice you can offer.

Kind Regards,

T

I've shot an Ace, an A1, and an A2 on my DPMS .308 and the UBR blows them all away. I know it is pricey, but well with it to me.

That said, if you want an ACE, we can work out a deal. If you want an ACE and an A2, same thing. For some reason I want to keep my A1, I think.

All of them have been painted green, although it strips off pretty easily. I have all of the tubes, screws, etc. The ACE would need a new piece of foam.

Martens,

I made a mistake on the original size comparison. The rifle with the SSR-25 stock was an SR25 (308) and the PRS rifle was an AR-15. I have done a new comparison with a DPMS LR-308 with an A2 stock against the SR25 with the SSR-25 stock. Much closer.

Let me know what you think. I may just go this rout. Again thanks for your advice, it's much appreciated.

T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors