XCR Forum banner

No sling attachment point

9K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Canuck,EH! 
#1 ·
I just bought my XCR on Friday and love it. However, there is no sling attachment point towards the rear of the upper receiver. The only attachment point is at the rear of the folding stock.

Being new to the XCR, can anyone tell me how to get/install a sling attachment loop?

#2 ·
You should have an attachment point identical to the one on the end of the stock near the end of the receiver...check again. That said, I wouldn't use a snap hook directly on the receiver. I bought the sling loop adapter shown here:

http://www.blueforcegear.com/product.cfm?type=cat&cat_id=5&prod_id=81

They didn't have the shorter length when I bought mine or I would have gone with the shorter one. I heard someone mention using a Para-cord lanyard as a connection as well. I think I am going to buy one as well. Ideally, it would be a loop on both ends but I'm not sure. I am going to call and confirm if that's an option before ordering one. You have to add the skull if you buy one. >:D
You can find details here:

http://www.wilsontactical.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=70

#8 ·
Here is what I would do. As of last week, all new XCRs shipped with a sling adapter for the receiver. This was designed by RA. Contact Terra or Allison at RA and ask them about ordering the sling adapter for the receiver. I have an email string from "tech" ;) at RA about this. It is bankable info.

;D

#9 ·
#11 ·
Okay here is the scoop on the sling attachment point on the latest version.

On the underside of the Stock hinge, you will notice a hole with a recess for any standard quick detach sling adapter such as this kind of adapter:

https://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=6

There are a few reason that RA would do this. The first and foremost reason is that it is better than the original design. As well as it allows you to use whatever kind of adapter you wish to use. It also make receiver more streamlined. It also allows the sling adapter to be 100% ambidextrous.

I hope this helps.

#12 ·
It's under the hinge,why wouldn't it be on the side? It looks to me like that would adversely effect how the gun lies when slung.As AZ mentioned earlier HOW BOUT SOME PICS PLEASE.

#13 ·
With it under the hinge it will allow it to be ambidextrous. Think about it. If you are a lefty and you have your sling connected, then it would be on the opposite side you would want it on. With it being on the bottom it also allows it to hang more naturally. Look at how the Magpul ASP is mounted. It is underneath the stock which allows it to be ambidextrous and does not interfere with the way the gun hangs.

If the attachement point is on the left side of the gun then the gun would have a natural tendency to hang only one way. I thing Alex and team did a great job.

#14 ·
If I could SEE it I might be able to tell more,but as yet NO PICS! I understand the need to be ambi,but I honestly don't think the mount being on the bottom will make it hang more naturally,it would seem to have a tendency to tip/lean over while hanging instead on just straight down.The same thing with mounting your forward sling mount on the bottom of your rail,when low slung the rifle won't hang straight down.I think there is a way to mount a switchable side mount on the XCR.If anyone has some pics of this mount please post them,it will be much appreciated.

#15 ·
OK you guys, here are some pics of the new attachment point and the QD swivel adapter.

Attachments

#18 ·
Thanks for the pics.That's pretty much what I was expecting,but wanted visual verification.I still think That the sling mount being on the bottom would give the weapon and tendency to lean away from your body,or tilt outward,but I will reserve judgement until I actually try one.

#19 ·
It hangs pretty straight up and down. I understand how one would think this, but it does hang straight.

#22 ·
It hangs pretty straight up and down. I understand how one would think this, but it does hang straight.
That's good to know,but I'm going to wait before I do anything till I see the new stock and how the attachment on that is going to work.

#24 ·
I am sure if you contact Terra or Alex, that they would be willing to swap out the two. I would assume that they can make your holess hinge a holy one. ::). I don't see much of any cost impacts on doing it this way.

I hope I am making sense sicne I am typing this while I am on a teleconference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.