XCR Forum banner

Stripped Lower

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hunter s gatherer 
#1 ·
I delivered my XCR pistol to be engraved and ended up nearly stripping it for the guy. I've never done this before but it went fairly smoothly. I couldn't get the actual trigger out, the selector switch seemed to be in the way no matter what I did. To get the selector switch out I think I'd have to remove the pistol grip? Further disassembly wasn't required for the engraving so I left it that way.

This is my first XCR and am concerned about piecing everything back together correctly. Could someone send me a picture and maybe a brief walk through of what to expect? I'd appeciate it!

FWIW, ATF cashed my check on the 27th, can't wait to order and attch a stock. My only complaint so far is that the lower is super busy with markings. It was tough to find a spot for the engraving, ended up putting it below and to the left of the XCR logo on the right side of the magwell. Won't look too great but it's the only place the engraver felt comfortable doing it.

#3 ·
I'm ready for the wait. Waited nine months for my last suppressor and currently six months in on my second. Was just happy they cashed the check and my first attempt at filling out a Form 1 must have been sufficient.

So, anyone mind posting some pics inside the lower receiver?

#4 ·
It's not the same I know, but the latest issue of Recoil Mag does a detailed take down and rebuild of an AR lower, supplied by Brownell's.
At least that could template a logical order of operation for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.