XCR Forum banner

Increase opening angle of older XCR

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mechanic 
#1 ·
I was unable to find the answer to the following question and it seemed like it should go under Maintenance.

My 2010 XCR-L (5.56) opens very little when pushing the take down button near the buttstock. I know that in later versions they changed it so it hinges open to a full 90 degrees like an M4/M16. Is there something I can do to make my XCR open up more? What is limiting the amount it opens when pivoting on the front pin? At this point I'm willing to take a dremel to it and repaint/coat that weapon later.
Thanks

#3 ·
Super easy to do. I took mine off with a 3" roloc sanding disc on a 90º air die grinder. A 4.5" angle grinder with a flapper would work just as well if not better. Just don't take too much off. Funny, after I sent in my upper for warranty work, RA started making the uppers with this material removed. Much easier to access things and if you had a popped primer or something lodged in the trigger group.

Reactions: Merlin
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.