Frangible bullets for home defense - Page 4
Like Tree18Likes
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Frangible bullets for home defense

Got a Ruger 10/22 with 50rnd drum in the bedroom closet. Myself and all family members are proficient with it. I'm sorry, but no one's goin to stick around when that thing blazes up. Just sayin....
    "Up yours!" - Abraham Linclon

I have a 10/22 and I think it's a great trainer but I would never consider it reliable enough for a home defense weapon. Am I an oddball or are there mods to make em more reliable? I think the ONLY .22 I've ever had that I consider battle reliable was a lever action, and thus not a good battle weapon...... (Not to hijack thread)
    Sean K. likes this.
    It's all fun and games till you get off at Auschwitz.

Is it much smaller than the 110 round drum takes about 65 seconds to empty this girlAttachment 8457

thanks Jason!

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

thanks Jason!

thanks Jason!

In the famous words of ice T freedom of speech just watch what you say!!!

thanks Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Jester View Post
    I have a 10/22 and I think it's a great trainer but I would never consider it reliable enough for a home defense weapon. Am I an oddball or are there mods to make em more reliable? I think the ONLY .22 I've ever had that I consider battle reliable was a lever action, and thus not a good battle weapon...... (Not to hijack thread)
    I did the Titanium extractor, firing pin. Also, Dlask extended charging handle and spring set, bolt release, 2 3/4# trigger job. Result: flawless. Eats any ammo and then asks for more.

Further, you threw in the comment about "battle weapon". Frangible ammo/ home defense is in another category IMO then "battle rifles". I personally chose the 10/22 as the home defender because it's reliable, won't over penetrate and since I'm not home (most of the time- work) my wife and kid could probably use it blindfolded, as they both love shooting it and fire it the most. We've gone over a few scenarios of a burgler if they're at home at night. And chances are no one in my neck of the woods is going to break in wearing body armour....
    Last edited by Rockworx; 03-23-2015 at 08:13 AM.
    "Up yours!" - Abraham Linclon

I have 5 rugers and love them all I took a volquartsen trigger and bolt group competition level and installed everything in a Talo distributer exclusive turkish walnut Altamont classics V 50th anniversary limited edition stock it one of a kind I must of prayed it worked I coated the 500 dollars in custom parts with petroleum jelly and used 4 pounds of fiberglass installed and tighten quick the barrel is suppose to be under a slight up word pressure but I had quarter inch . So I bought a bi pod mount counter sunk it and drilled 4 corner holes and tapped them . I now can push squarely up on th .920 barrel a inch and a quarter . You see I'm trying to disrupt the harmonics that travel back and forth and circular in the barrel pointing the muzzle off just enough to have a flyer I'm thinking it going to help I bought 5000 rounds of 22 LR from 6 companies and I plan on fine tuning with a torque wrench the entire trigger assembly is mad out of metal to it would be a shame to cut it out of the stock

thanks Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Jester View Post
    My M&P .22LR AR clone runs 100%....though I wouldn't use one for HD b/c of stopping power. Better than nothing.
    Bravo likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjeep83 View Post
    In the famous words of ice T freedom of speech just watch what you say!!!

thanks Jason!
    Jason,

You've figured out that this forum is NOT for the Remington XCR bolt gun, right?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Sponsors