Optics help XCR-M - Page 13
Like Tree6Likes
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Optics help XCR-M

Quote Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
    Re: Camo'd targets at short ranges.

I have had the opportunity to put a sneak on three different groups of people and fire two .308 blanks over their heads.

Groups one and two had about 7 members each, and the sneak was during a target ID and ranging exercise. Each participant had binos. They were glassing targets on a hillside above the range placed at from 150-300 yards, like a backpack, a helmet, a radio antenna, etc. They were told I would be sneaking up on them from roughly the same direction as where the targets were. There was pretty consistent and heavy cover most of the way. They were told I would fire two shots from the same position. I covered two hundred yards on my sneak in about 15 minutes. Neither the two instructors nor the participants ever saw me. I had clear shots from about 110 yards.

The third group was slightly more interesting. It consisted of 23 members of the National Guard on a training exercise. They were doing the same target ID exercise, under similar conditions. They were on top of the 400 yard shooting berm on a 600 yard range. There was open space for about 100 yards off to their left before looking up the hill to the targets. On that sneak I got to about 140 yards but could get no closer in the allotted time. Fired twice. Again, not one instructor or participant could see me.

Prone, Ghillie of sorts, camo'd gun (see my avatar). This is different than shooting pop ups or movers, I understand, but target ID on somewhat camo'd and hidden targets, and shooting them, is a lot harder than many imagine.

I heard shooting and targeting ID'ing at night with no moon, is a lot more difficult than during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    I have to clarify because it seems I'm always talking about what's in the center of the envelope, while you seem to like debating the boundaries of the envelope.
    You are always moving the envelope so of course you are always in the center of it.

No no one needs to justify what scope they want to use. If you want to put the Hubble telescope on your gun you are perfectly fine to do so.

as for Ericc, his .308 semi autos are mostly used for offhand shooting at targets 300 yard or less, for this 3.5x is more than plenty, and those few occasions Ericc has to reach to 800 with a 3.5x optic, again its good enough. With an all purpose field gun, Ericc believes the 3.5x ACOG to be the best.

also it is no secret, that when we get older we lose our vision.. We lose contrast and we lose the ability to see things at distance.. So for old guys that are blind and wears coke bottles for his everyday vision... He should get the best glass and highest mag possible to allow him to see his targets that are 50 yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by EricCartmann View Post
    Right on cue!

Haterz gonna hate? What came we do?

But you said you wanted more personal insults in the other thread???

Now you don't?

Make up your mind.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    But you said you wanted more personal insults in the other thread???

Now you don't?

Make up your mind.
    I do! And you were right on cue!

I do not need to look for the Haterz... They find me. Then again, with my good looks, I do not blame them for stalking me.

Since when are fat, dumpy cartoon characters good looking? LOL.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Since when are fat, dumpy cartoon characters good looking? LOL.
    Talkin about Ericc, and not Eric

Crank up the engine!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Crank up the engine!
    why? where we going?

I'm not sure how everyone sees through such low magnification I love a powerful scope I Run 18 25 30 powers I have a Bushnell 18 power on a 22 but I can read a news paper before I decide which letter I want to punch out with a 22 Cal I got 24 elite F Class on my .308 a Bushnell elite 6500 4.5-30X50 on my 300 win mag it's a F Class scope and I can see 2 miles with it !!!! What I would do if you wanna do 20 to 600 rapidly is a doubler two scopes in a row both 1x14x35 nice and small 4 inches long each 1 to each for 10 yards no magnification but if there is a threat 300 yards out just crank one dial and your 14 power instantly too much? Just back it off a little not enough you still have the other dial with 14 on it and they do add together so half cranked you can have 21 right away for 450 yards there's a lot of benefits and versatility with double short 1-14 scopes turn the 14 off and your at 7 power for 250 yards !!!!! Two things that are nice one is down right cool first is have the second scope in first focal plane that means your reticle goes out with your target it gets smaller pure accuracy illuminated red and the second thing a lot of people don't realize is that if you buy ye right system you can mount the second scope anywhere you want under the gun at the front left side around a corner you see anyone can pick up a radical radio transmitting scope and the first one sees everything and even the power zoom windage elevation is all done with the first scope !!!! You would freak a lot of people with the set up and the price is the same as a high end 28 power scope !!! Well if your into that sorta [email protected]

thanks Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonjeep83 View Post
    I'm not sure how everyone sees through such low magnification I love a powerful scope I Run 18 25 30 powers I have a Bushnell 18 power on a 22 but I can read a news paper before I decide which letter I want to punch out with a 22 Cal I got 24 elite F Class on my .308 a Bushnell elite 6500 4.5-30X50 on my 300 win mag it's a F Class scope and I can see 2 miles with it !!!! What I would do if you wanna do 20 to 600 rapidly is a doubler two scopes in a row both 1x14x35 nice and small 4 inches long each 1 to each for 10 yards no magnification but if there is a threat 300 yards out just crank one dial and your 14 power instantly too much? Just back it off a little not enough you still have the other dial with 14 on it and they do add together so half cranked you can have 21 right away for 450 yards there's a lot of benefits and versatility with double short 1-14 scopes turn the 14 off and your at 7 power for 250 yards !!!!! Two things that are nice one is down right cool first is have the second scope in first focal plane that means your reticle goes out with your target it gets smaller pure accuracy illuminated red and the second thing a lot of people don't realize is that if you buy ye right system you can mount the second scope anywhere you want under the gun at the front left side around a corner you see anyone can pick up a radical radio transmitting scope and the first one sees everything and even the power zoom windage elevation is all done with the first scope !!!! You would freak a lot of people with the set up and the price is the same as a high end 28 power scope !!! Well if your into that sorta [email protected]

thanks Jason!
    B/c Jason....you're on the wrong forum. Not sure how you managed to post to so many old threads and not realize the XCR we are talking about is an autoloader, not a Remington XCR BOLT GUN.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Sponsors