Optics help XCR-M - Page 3
Like Tree6Likes
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Optics help XCR-M

Quote Originally Posted by flows0002 View Post
    Any of you guys had a chance to try this one out? Valdada IOR Pitbull

I was thinking about it but haven't made up my mind. Like scorpion08 I am also in the market for a scope but there are so many different ones out there and so many different options that I gotta say. It's pretty mucha coin toss as of right now.
    All of my rifles have IOR scopes....including the Barrett........Schott Glasswerkes is the glass Mfg........Quality is second to none....that being said I must admit I am a dealer since 1999......been spending ALL my money on XCR/Ammo/AR15 stuff 'cause of demand.....Kz

Any of you guys had a chance to try this one out? Valdada IOR Pitbull

I was thinking about it but haven't made up my mind. Like scorpion08 I am also in the market for a scope but there are so many different ones out there and so many different options that I gotta say. It's pretty mucha coin toss as of right now.
    The Pitbull has had very poor reviews. I like Valdada...have their FFP 35mm body 3-18X....and as Kermit said, the glass is outstanding. I wanted the Pitbull for closer in work, but after reading the reviews and talking to some folks that sell high end glass....the Pitbull just didn't measure up to the rest of the line. The 1 and 4X settings were not reliable with a lot of breakage of internal parts.

Check here for IOR: IOR Valadada, Riflescope, Tactical MP-8 Dot, Snipers Hide

Scott at Liberty is very honest and knowledgeable. I just looked on the site and if I were you....I'd take a long look at the one at the top of the link 1.5-8X 26mm illuminated.

Also, after looking...it appears there's a new model of Pitbull....so what I said may no longer be valid. Scott will know....talk to him and he'll give you the straight skinny.

HTH,
    Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Preciate the input Gramps/Sean checking it out now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Checking these out as well. Nothing solid....

1. Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24
    2. Bushnell Elite SMRS 1-6.5x 24mm Illuminated

I am actually liking the Bushnell more. I am still checking on the durability of it.

Sig
    The Vortex 1-6 weighs around 25oz but is built like a tank, rock solid. Glass is outstanding and the FOV is unbelievable IMO. Illumintated dot is outstanding, even during a sunny day. I also like the way Vortex lets you "lock" in your illumination setting - on/off.

Prior to the Vortex, I picked up a SWFA 1x4, and sent it back within a week because I didn't think it was worth the $700 price tag.

There may be better scopes than the Vortex 1-6 out there, but you won't be disappointed with the Vortex.

Almost had a cow at the price of the Vortex, but getting anything with reasonable quality you're going to pay, and overall the Vortex wasn't a bad deal considering the price tag of other better known names in the game.
    Last edited by Sig; 05-12-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Not to mention that warranty on the higher end Vortex is good.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I have an older Valdada fixed 4x with a BDC for .223 and I really like this scope. The glass is super sharp and the scope is mega robust. I shot a 236 out of 250 at an Appleseed with that scope. Plus, Val the owner is a tremendous fellow.

Researching all of the option mentioned previously. Preciate the input. Man I got a thing for those Valadada's/ and Vortex seems nice - just wish it would come in matt black. Still looking. Get any closer Scorpion? I haven't solidified anything by a longshot. Iron sights all the way lols

Sig
    and Vortex seems nice - just wish it would come in matt black.
    The color doesn't look bad on black at all if that is your concern. Actually a nice contrast if truth be known.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    The color doesn't look bad on black at all if that is your concern. Actually a nice contrast if truth be known.
    The Vortex is definitely in my top 5.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors